Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Customer Service and Resource Planning, the Customer Service Manager – Employee Reliability is responsible for establishing and implementing Airport processes regarding time and attendance, rehabilitation and case management for UNIFOR and IAM employees. This role requires the maintenance of a virtual team relationship with Claims, OHS, Employee Wellness Department and Labour Relations.
- Manages, monitors and co-ordinates various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of attendance, accommodation and return to work for the respective station.
Assumes local leadership for the development and enhancement of all attendance programs and processes at the station.
- Responsible for the delivery of corrective action and for fostering a culture of reliability for front line employees both above and below the wings.
Promotes healthy and productive workforce initiatives.
Leads, motivates and coaches people to success; provides constructive feedback, action plans, yearly goals and objectives.
Anticipates, identifies and resolves attendance and accommodation problems with a results oriented approach to increasing overall reliability of employees.
Identifies employees who are abusing attendance programs and provide coaching and counseling in an effort to reduce absenteeism levels and overall costs.
- Proactively manages WCB and GDIP employee files focusing on individual safe and early returns to work - including gradual return to work programs.
Maintains appropriate and thorough documentation of all files.
Assesses abilities and pair appropriate accommodation with job functions and work hardening programs.
Regularly reviews cases and files – contest and negotiate decisions as appropriate.
Manages local Employee Reliability Coordinators including personal performance and competency.
Follows up on HRIS extracts regarding daily absenteeism reports, identifying pattern absenteeism, travel while on book off status, no sick time remaining, and other reports related to absenteeism and follow up with corrective action as required.
Analyzes and challenges existing processes in an effort to make continuous improvements.
Upholds positive relationships with Operational Management and Workforce Management engaging in two way feedback, co-sharing of initiatives, concerns and Company directives. Explains the rationale behind Airports Employee Reliability policies and decisions.
Continuously communicates and strengthens relationships with outside departments (i.e. OHS, Wellness, claims etc).
Ensures consistent application of all policies and processes (i.e. medical note substantiation handling etc).
Works in cooperation with the local Labour Relations team in the management of absenteeism, providing case documents and subject matter expertise in arbitration as required.
- Extensive airline experience, with advanced knowledge of airport operations
- Extensive knowledge of WCB guidelines, of job descriptions and functions
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Performs efficiently under minimal guidance – making effective and innovative decisions.
- Requires extensive knowledge of all absence and attendance system support programs
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases
- Strong leadership skills for dealing with employees with professionalism
- Entrepreneurial and proven experience in facilitating change
- Strategic thinker
- Knowledge of collective agreement and managing a unionized workforce
- Extensive practical experience in attendance programs, cost savings and effective communication skills Recognized ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations
- Knowledge of airport technical/professional discipline
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.