Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position reports directly to the Managing Director, Customer Contact Centres and has the primary responsibilities of providing leadership, guidance and direction to all functioning Customer Call Centres locations world-wide within the branch’s responsibilities.
The incumbent is accountable for the customer service delivery/operations within the world-wide footprint of the Customer Contact Centres operating teams (e.g. Contact Centres (including Social Media), CJM, the associated speciality groups and Loyalty functions).
Responsible to influence decisions and initiatives related to Customer Contact Centres service deliveries to enable the brand to become more customer centric and data driven in support of customer service delivery.
Key success within this position requires accountability and achievement within the annual budget of the agreed upon Customer Contact Centres KPIs: Abandonment Rate, Average Speed of Answer (ASA), Average Handle Time (AHT), Employee Attendance/Retention, Sales Effectiveness, Customer Satisfaction (CSR), First Call Resolution, NPS and Customer Recovery Rates (within the context of the call centre operations).
This position is part of the branch’s senior leadership team and is responsible to establish Thought and Change Leadership of the operational teams, to forge the way of the future that enables customers and our employees to realize what is possible and deliver an industry leading omni-channel service experience.
- Manage the day-to-day customer contact centres operating teams and work closely with the Branch “Shared Services Departments”; to ensure alignment of synergies of functions/strategies that ultimately deliver a timely, customer/brand/employee-focused and responsible customer service experience across the portfolio’s network.
- Manage and deliver within the agreed annual budget all KPI of the Operational Teams/Networks under the incumbent’s management.
- Pro-actively scan internal and external environments, predict the impact and prepare the operational teams to be ready to meet the demand.
- Collaborate with all branch stakeholders (internal/external) to enable a customer- employee- centric data driven experience.
- Responsible to provide leadership direction and guidance to the multi-locational operational teams.
- Develop, support and mentor the teams in-order to generate commitment and support towards business objectives.
- Monitor work volumes, analyze daily trends and communicate to Executive Management or internal/external senior leadership stakeholders as required.
- Responsible to provide direct/clear and executable guidance/support to ensure all functions (assigning work, performance management, succession planning, determining developmental needs, rewarding and disciplining) are conducted in a fair and equitable way.
- Manage, lead, engage and inspire the teams that comprise of union and non-unionized employees and contracted employee locations across the call centre network world-wide.
- Represent branch and manage the day-to-day relationship with the unions that represents the various unionized work groups within the call centre.
- Lead and motivate the operational teams to meet/exceed all operational KPIs and ensure that communication with customers is timely, professional and reflecting the values of the brand.
- Support the operational teams and resolves complex service issues and escalations as required.
- Identifies programs/process/application defects/issues within the department and champion opportunities to improve/fix these items to deliver/enhance overall department productivity.
- Oversee, and effectively manage and deliver within the assigned operational teams’ annual budget and proactively monitor accordingly.
- Act a Super SME for Customer Contact Centres strategies and initiatives that are deployed within the contact centres and ensure we are delivering on the product/service specifications.
- Leverage best practices, customer experience trends and other customer insights to drive improvements in customer service levels.
- Scan the internal/external environments and keep ahead of trends in customer experiences across any industry by overseeing benchmarking activities and review of insights gathered, particularly with respect to customer service/recovery.
- Ensures that customer insights are disseminated, deeply understood, and used as the basis for development of innovative new experiences, products and services.
- Develops and implements key performance indicators to measure customer feedback and track against the customer touch points.
- Identify and propose customer service initiatives with the designated leaders within the branch and within the Commercial and Operations groups, based on Customer experience insights and fact-based results.
- Work with the Branch Shared Services Teams and assist stakeholders in the development of the Contact Centres digital strategy and keep abreast of technology advances within the Contact Centres space and support the implementation as appropriate across the assigned portfolio.
- Use data gathered to create actionable insights to enhance the overall customer experience within your department.
- Ensure that assigned employees enjoy a rewarding and enriching corporate experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years in senior customer service delivery/development roles and demonstrates strong change leadership skill capabilities.
- Solid management experience in leading multi-stakeholder complex initiatives, proven track record of meeting deliverables on time and within budget.
- Previous experience managing multi-location teams.
- Proven customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent motivational leadership skills and a track record of influencing positive change
- Proven ability to effectively manages and thrive under pressures and complexities of various situations, with the capability of advancing positively and productively under conditions of resistance to change or uncertainty.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Proven track record of influencing senior leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exposure to Customer Contact Centres systems and reporting knowledge is a strong asset.
- University degree in management or business administration (MBA) is an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.