Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Crew Pay Manager – Flight Attendants, the Crew Pay Specialist – Flight Attendants is responsible to analyze Air Canada Mainline and Rouge Flight Attendant pay in accordance with the Air Canada/CUPE Collective Agreement. They are also responsible to provide analytical support to the Crew Resources team and conduct a variety of statistical activities required to prepare flight attendant crew pay data for processing.
- Maintain pay guidelines for processes and procedures to ensure all pay-related aspects of the Air Canada/ CUPE Collective Agreements, for mainline and rouge Flight Attendants, are properly administered.
- Update and maintain internal pay records daily.
- Validate data feed from Crew Management System to Crew Pay System
- Analyze and validate month-end flight attendant pay records in advance of Payrolls production process
- Develop and analyze reports to provide accurate data analysis for management review
- Investigate and respond to queries and pay claims regarding pay credits, pay rates, expenses and allowances, and communicate with Flight Attendants and/or Management accordingly
- Identify areas for process improvement and develop new processes to streamline current practices and support the full implementation of Crew Payroll System project
- Develop, implement and maintain processes (SOPs) and files for pay purposes as a result of changes to the collective agreement or contract interpretation
- Consult with Crew Planning, Crew Scheduling, Payrolls, Labour Relations, HR and In Flight Service Management to resolve pay related issues
- Correct pay errors and coordinate payment or recovery of overpayment with Payrolls
- Validate various premiums, training credits, etc., prior to month-end
- Other job-related duties as required
- University degree in business or related field (i.e., accounting or finance), an asset
- Previous accounting experience, specifically payroll, an asset, and/or comprehensive knowledge of pay systems
- Detail oriented with problem solving ability, strong organizational, analytical and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal (oral and written) communication skills
- Ability to analyze and evaluate work methods, design and implement ‘best practice’ solutions and procedures for business process improvement
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of NetLine and other PC applications
- Must be able to multi-task, work under pressure, accommodate changing priorities and meet tight deadlines
- High degree of professionalism and discretion is required in dealing with Flight Attendant’s pay and confidential payroll records
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, within a team environment and flexible hours
- Previous experience working with collective agreements, specifically Air Canada/CUPE Collective Agreement, In-Flight Service and/or Crew Resources experience, a definite asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.