Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are looking for a highly motivated person for an Analyst, Commodity Taxes position. This person will report to the Manager, Commodity Taxes.
Will assist Manager with commodity tax audits (taxes and fees of all nature including Federal, Excise, Provincial, States as well as International taxes) and contribute to the development of commodity tax strategy for major audit issues.
Preparation of related tax reporting using large volumes of data and ensure integrity of data extracts.
Development and implementation of business process change and/or system improvements to mitigate tax exposure.
Support Manager with commodity tax audits and ensure supporting documentation is provided in an efficient and timely manner.
Support in the implementation of corrective measures arising from tax audit assessments and findings to ensure compliance.
Monitor on-going tax compliance in reservations, travel and accounting systems.
Preparation of tax reports and account reconciliations to provide assurance on the collection and remittance of the related taxes, fees and charges.
Support the implementation of new tax legislation and verify corporate compliance with the changes in tax rates and relevant changes in legislation.
Assist Manager, Commodity Taxes for initial and on-going AC’s accounting and sales systems compliance with tax legislation.
Develop guidelines, training materials, job aids for internal departments as required.
Assist Manager, Commodity Taxes with related duties.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Finance.
- CPA, CA, CGA, CMA designation preferred.
- Work experience in commodity tax (GST/HST, QST, PST, Excise Tax and Fuel Tax) field is an asset.
- Experience interpreting and analyzing tax legislation.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large and complex technical data.
- Advanced MS Office PC skills such as Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Experience performing data analysis using data analytical tools such as SQL, ACL or IDEA is an asset.
- Knowledge of SQL language, relational database framework and/or Database Management System (Microsoft SQL-Server, TeraData, Oracle) is an asset.
- Ability to understand complex systems and related change management is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others.
- Good organization skills and ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
- High level of attention to detail
- Self-starter, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity.
- Excellent communication skills / oral and written.
- Demonstrated record of initiative and work ethic.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.