Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Commercial Information Systems (CIS) team is a part of the Information Technology (IT) branch providing leadership for all Commercial system and product initiatives. The CIS team is responsible for working closely with Commercial stakeholders to help realize departmental objectives through the strategic planning, prioritization, management and delivery of all Commercial system and product enhancements. Commercial departments include Network Planning, Scheduling, Revenue Management, Pricing, Ancillary Sales, Alliances, Marketing, Product, Global Sales and Global Product Distribution.
The Business Systems Analyst’s (BSA) role consists of working closely with Commercial stakeholders to define and document system/product requirements, while liaising with internal and external development partners (e.g. CIS Managers, IT branches, development teams, vendors, etc.) to ensure the design, development, implementation, and delivery of the Commercial system/product initiatives.
The Business Systems Analyst position reports to the Manager, Commercial Information Systems.
Act as single point of contact for Commercial stakeholders, IT branches, and Commercial system partners for assigned Commercial system and product enhancements
Lead and conduct reviews with business stakeholders to identify and document business requirements, analyze issues, present and recommend solutions that meet business and stakeholder needs
Analyse and evaluate Commercial requests by investigating current functionality and business processes
Prepare documentation, including business requirements, for Commercial enhancements, initiatives and systems by engaging and working with and on behalf of Commercial stakeholders
Act as a liaison between Commercial stakeholders and IT team and/or commercial system vendors
Facilitate cross-functional meetings/presentations with stakeholders from Commercial and other branches
Support the Manager, Commercial Information Systems with the delivery of Commercial initiatives
Manage Commercial implementation activities for assigned enhancements and initiatives
Manage and support assigned Commercial enhancements and initiatives throughout their life-cycle
Liaise and co-ordinate with external partners (e.g. third-party vendors)
Manage and support baseline processes and performance of Commercial systems on a day-to-day basis
Troubleshoot performance and functional issues, engaging internal and external stakeholders as required
Utilize effective project management practices to coordinate activities and track all deliverables for assigned enhancements and initiatives
Track, report and provide regular status updates to Commercial stakeholders
Monitor the progress and costs of enhancements and initiatives and identify risks to management
Maintain an awareness of changes to commercial or strategic environments and suggest potential opportunities to optimize systems and processes
- University degree with a business or technical focus, or equivalent business experience
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders to understand and respond to their needs
- Strong collaboration, listening and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to challenge/question to ensure that initiatives meet business objectives
- Strong analytical/problem solving experience to deal with complex business problem
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written to all levels of organization, including senior management
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in order to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills
- Sense of initiative, self-discipline and proactive thinking
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneDrive
- MIS or IT background an asset
- Knowledge of PROS, FSIS and SLIM Airline systems an asset
- Experience in data analytics, data modeling and Business Intelligence an asset
- Project Management training and/or certification an asset
- Experience in the airline or travel industry an asset Knowledge of airline reservation systems, web applications, and/or GDS systems an asset
- Experience with business case development, cost benefit analysis, and development of business requirements for information systems an asset
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.