Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join and lead a team of developers responsible to recommend and implement solutions to business challenges through development of modern and user-friendly web applications. Reporting to the Manager, HR Web Systems, the developer is responsible for creating and delivering customized web applications used by all Air Canada employees around the world.
As a member of the e-Business Solutions team, you will work with our internal client groups on change initiatives and projects within the scope of the Employee Relations branch.
- Work with internal client groups to identify opportunities for improvement through development of web applications. Facilitate working sessions to formalize business requirements.
- Responsible for design, coding, testing, and implementation of web solutions
- Guide junior developers with code reviews and coding best practices.
- Maintain overall team coding standards
- Be responsible for creating coding migration strategy.
- Maintain and enhance web solutions after implementation.
- Apply knowledge of trends and developments in web technology.
- Document technical and functional design.
- Respond actively to employee feedback, comments, and suggestions.
- Employ best practices and established standards to ensure application is easy to use.
- Monitor system defects, flag those with a medium to high business impact and coordinate work-around solutions as appropriate with the business.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the internal service delivery team to track and prioritize work effort.
- Maintain security of internal access to HR data in accordance with Air Canada’s policies.
- Ability to work on location at least for 4 days a week.
- Diploma or certificate in web programming.
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming, relational database concepts, and coding standards.
- Advanced understanding of coding frameworks like MVC.
- Through experience working with application servers, administering and configuring them. Severs like IIS.
- Substantial knowledge of application security and role based access to applications.
- Experience with version controlling software and administering them.
- Keen interest in the airline industry.
- Very strong business and logical analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate client needs and present solutions.
- Ability to initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent an asset.
- Basic understanding of core and corporate HR processes.
- Experience in gathering technical and functional design requirements.
- Knowledge of application usability standards and modern UI design techniques.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.