Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada sponsors 8 defined benefit pension plans. The plans' assets are managed by a wholly owned subsidiary of Air Canada and are held in a diversified portfolio of traditional asset classes (bonds and stocks), alternative investments (derivatives, infrastructure, private equity and real estate) and portable alpha strategies (hedge funds and tactical asset allocation) worth over $19B. The assets are invested by internal and external managers. The Investment’s team of 60 professionals is located in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Manager – Middle Office, the Analyst – Middle Office principal responsibilities will be the processes and controls associated with portfolio monitoring as well as the production of the performance calculation and its attribution. The position holder must ensure data quality and integrity to provide accurate information to the investment teams. The main challenges related to the position are:
- Master all investment products, from listed to complex derivatives, their various metrics and their valuation processes;
- Master a significant number of applications, data sources and tools to ensure data integrity and proactively detect and solve quality issues;
- Develop the ability to prioritize tasks with rigor and autonomy while also demonstrating a flawless work ethic;
- Propose and develop solutions and automations that aim toward continuous improvements of data quality while also supporting the daily portfolio monitoring requirements;
- Contribute to the development of performance calculation and attribution;
The work environment in which the position holder evolves in is dynamic. The analyst will have the opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of all the portfolios and strategies of the Fund. The analyst will benefit from working closely with a skilled management team. The principal responsibilities are:
The position is based in downtown Montreal.
- Produce, analyse and propose new metrics for portfolio monitoring useful for the decision-making process;
- Develop, produce and ensure integrity of portfolio management reports based on the specifications of each business unit;
- Produce and analyse performance calculation and its attribution for the given portfolios and reconcile it with proxy model;
- Collaborate in setting up information quality and integrity controls and their automations;
- Propose and contribute to the reports and proxy evolution to improve both quality and market data usage while using programming language such as python, VBA and SQL;
- Assist the Advisor with performance calculations for the various Funds offered, generating the client reports and their automation;
- Document new activities and/or new processes during their implementation as well as maintaining documentation already in place;
- Collaborate in various initiatives or working groups.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (mathematic, financial engineering, finance, actuarial studies, etc.) or equivalent
- CFA, FRM or PRM an asset
- A minimum of 1 year of pertinent experiences
- Experience in the financial field
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Access)
- Strong abilities with financial concepts
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as python, VBA and SQL
- Capacity to read and understand mathematical concepts
- Master data collection environments
- Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English
- Strong knowledge of listed products, complex derivative products and Repo market
- Knowledge of investment accounting systems and portfolio management systems
- Autonomy, analytical and critical thinking
- Rigor, meticulous, vigilance and accountability
- Pro-active and strong sense of initiative
- Strong learning capabilities, versatility and adaptability
- Well-organized, efficient, and ability to perform various tasks at once
- Ability to communicate and interact in a team
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.