Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada sponsors 8 defined benefit pension plans. The plans' assets are managed by a wholly-owned subsidiary of Air Canada and are invested in a diversified portfolio of traditional asset classes (bonds and stocks), alternative investments (derivatives, infrastructure, private equity and real estate) and portable alpha strategies (hedge funds and tactical asset allocation) worth over $20B. The assets are invested by internal and external managers. The Investment’s team of 60 professionals is located in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Director, Portfolio Construction, the incumbent will contribute to the monitoring and management of the portfolios and to research activities. The analyst will also assist in developing and improving the financial tools used in the portfolio construction process and will participate in the improvement of the day-to-day investment activities.
- Contribute to the production of reports and internal tools facilitating portfolio monitoring
- Assist the Director, Portfolio Construction, in the elaboration of tools, reports and processes aiming at improving portfolio construction
- Analyze portfolio positioning and recommend, if need be, transactions to rebalance or optimize portfolios or strategies
- Perform quantitative and qualitative investment research projects to improve portfolio construction
- Participate in the research of investment strategies (pre-trade and post-trade analysis)
- Assist in the risk analysis of various investment strategies
- Maintain close ties with various stakeholders, including traders, portfolio managers and the investment operations team
- All other tasks required by the position
The position is based in downtown Montreal
- University graduate degree in finance, actuarial science, mathematics or another related field
- Master’s degree an asset
- CFA or another investment professional designation an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Access) and Bloomberg
- Knowledge of programming language such as VBA and Python an asset
- Knowledge of listed and OTC derivatives products (swaps, CDS, options, etc.)
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Dynamic, autonomous, with a sense for initiative
- Analytical skills, capacity to learn and intellectual curiosity
- Rigorous, disciplined, well organized and with a sense for detail (efficient, high quality, well structured work)
- Team worker
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.