Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
To provide administrative support and assistance to the Senior Director, Passenger Bill of Rights. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized team player with solid interpersonal and communication skills. They will posses basic project management skills and strong computer proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key members of the organization and gain their trust and respect.
- Interface/liaise regularly with other Air Canada Executives, their assistants, their leadership teams and external customers.
- Conduct daily calendar management (Outlook) and proactively adjust schedule and organize meetings based on priorities.
- Manage and prioritize tasks and emails, conduct timely follow ups and take meeting minutes as required.
- Organize meetings (planning, agenda, scheduling, food/beverage and technology).
- Plan and organize travel arrangements, including flight, hotel and transportation.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordinate and/or prepare reports and other material for meetings.
- Complete expense reports and mileage reports.
- Create/maintain contact lists and spreadsheets.
- Monitor and provide updates on departmental budget and assist with creation of yearly budget.
- Maintain accurate records and filing of records.
- Provide assistance with special projects as required.
- Plan and organize events as required.
- Administer telecommunications for the Branch (contact person with the provider and IT, order mobile phones and monitor invoices).
- Direct handling of routine and confidential matters, i.e. correspondence, telephone queries, emails, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience as an administrative assistant or in office administration support
- Ability to work well and maintain composure under pressure, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills: approachable and customer focused
- Strong sense of initiative.:
- Excellent organizational skills: planning, priority setting and managing through systems.
- A very high degree of diplomacy, discretion, professional maturity and good judgement.
- Looks beyond the obvious and is able to overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Expert knowledge of Windows and all Microsoft Office products.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, on occasion.
- Some limited travel may be required.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.