Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
To maintain and process accurate records and accounts related to accounting systems.
TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify and process invoices
- Operate specific department/Company software programs
- Answer telephones
- Maintain a high level of accuracy
- Organize and prioritize workload
- Work under pressure
- Prepares accruals
- Audit, input and update data
- Reconcile accounts
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare reports
- Prepare/compose letters
- Research, resolve and respond to internal/external customers’ issues and queries
- Work with minimal or no supervision
- Maintain, calculate and input information
- Process internal/external payments
- Handle cash and checks
- Calculate and process claims
- Prepare and distribute statements
- Verify, calculate and adjust pay claims as requested
- Comply with Collective Agreements, Company Policies and Government Regulations
In addition to the above, all positions may be required to perform the following Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- May be required to perform other related duties which do not affect the nature of the job
- Data capture airmail documents
- Verify, rate and adjust air waybills/documents
Task allocation may vary from one department to another.
- High School graduation
- Completion of CGA 101 or equivalent
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with Collective Agreements, Company Policies and/or Government Regulations
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Minimum 1year office experience
- Some positions may require shift work and/or work staggered starting and stopping times
** Classifications included: Accounting Support Level 1, 2 & 3
Diversity and Inclusion
- Bilingual (English and French)
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.