We are recruiting on behalf of a global agency downtown for a Director of Performance Analytics.
The Director, Performance and Analytics is responsible for developing data driven strategic recommendations pertinent to branding, social, digital, media, planning, acquisition and optimization. This role will require extensive knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analytics techniques, with the end goal of providing one comprehensive 360-degree view of the customer. This is a hand’s on role where the individual will be responsible for accurate analyses and advanced analytics modeling work. The Director, Performance and Analytics is also responsible for developing and cultivating relationships with key team members across the agency such as the strategy, technology, creative and account management teams.
As Director, Performance and Analytics, your job duties will include, but will not be limited to, the following activities and responsibilities:
- Establishing the objectives for the company’s Performance and Analytics division and approving strategic growth strategies that will encourage agency growth and continued lead in the Canadian marketing communications industry;
- Partnering with the President, CSO, CCO and National Director of Media to develop and deliver Performance and Analytics strategic and business plans;
- Providing both direct and indirect oversight of data strategy and analytics teams and operations to achieve the division and company’s goals;
- Leading engagement teams and serving as a new business leader that is responsible for identifying, pitching, leading the company through negotiations, and winning new business opportunities;
- Growth and development of junior team members, who will report to him/her on a project and/or account level basis.
- Providing oversight, both directly and through middle managers, of all areas within the Marketing Science division including:
o Return on Market Investment (“ROMI”) measurement, marketing mix modelling and optimization, econometrics, and general modelling projects;
o Operational analytics, including framework management, process definition, recruitment, and training;
- Data Infrastructure, Architecture and Management, including systems, Extract, Transform, and Load (“ETL”) data activities, report production and data visualization
- In addition, this is a highly client facing role, with a strong expectation that this individual will also contribute heavily to new business development and the pitching process.
- The successful candidate will have exceptional business acumen and a proven track record of building and leading an advanced analytics offering within the Media landscape, across multiple analytics disciplines. It is critical that this individual has the passion and credibility within the analytics environment and can become actively involved in industry affairs and industry dialogue as a high profile advocate to build and encourage growth within this line of our business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer or a quantitative degree in another social science; Master’s degree a plus
- Several years of professional working experience (a minimum of a five) in the marketing and communications
- 8-10+ years of experience in data analysis, media platforms, technology and/or BI
- Deep experience combining quantitative analytics and qualitative research methods
- Deep expertise in model building and/or machine learning
- Candidates with media or direct marketing background encouraged to apply
- As this is a business leadership role and not a traditional account management role, the successful applicant must possess a minimum of three years of experience in an business operations capacity including the management and delivery of strategic growth plans and business administration;
- Experience in delivering strategic growth plans for multinational clients and international brands is required;
- Demonstrable experience in ROMI analytics and marketing mix modelling and optimization is required;
- Experience in multidiscipline analytics, including marketing mix modeling (“MMM”), marketing measurements strategy, and digital media optimization reporting is required;
- The successful candidate must have P&L management experience and managing a business or essential business function to budget;
- The successful candidate must have proven experience human resources and talent management including the ability to identify, recruit, inspire, and develop best in class talent;
- Fluent in agency processes to ensure quality control at all stages of the project;
- Must be a self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Transparent with a high degree of integrity, self-aware and self-accountable;
- Result and action oriented, calm under pressure with a resiliency to bounce back quickly from setbacks;
- Strong managerial courage, decisive and able to make the tough decisions and have the tough conversations with respect and positivity; and must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and client relationship building skills
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong knowledge of marketing analytics, methodologies and platforms.
- Strong analytical foundation with expert hands on knowledge of advanced statistical techniques
- Tag management systems, ad serving platforms
- Intermediate to Expert Knowledge of a leading BI platform such as Tableau, DOMO, MSFT Power BI
- Ability to translate findings/results into clear, actionable and executable insights
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; strong business development skills a plus
Please note only qualified applicants will be contacted.