If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Our Senior BAS technicians lead our project teams, reporting directly to the construction team Project Manager. A senior technician is defined as one who has demonstrated a competency in technical leadership, team building skills and desire for project team success.
- Demonstrates good Health & Safety practices, leads and/or participates in safety talks.
- Takes a senior role in the development and mentoring of BAS Tech 2, 3 technicians on the construction team.
- Has a primary customer facing role, always representing the company in a professional manner, and with the customer’s needs in mind.
- Demonstrates both leadership and acceptance of Ainsworth’s standard practices in the delivery of BAS projects. Liaises with other BAS Technician (4) in order to improve these practices.
- Provide day to day support to the overall team supervision with guidance from the Project Manager.
- Shows ability to take on the lead technician role for multiple projects
- Attending site construction meetings and WIP meetings with the PM
- Takes lead role in scheduling on-site project activities including material management, and coordination of sub-contractors and other trades.
- Is expected to report or identify any project extras, deficiencies, and cost savings required to complete projects to the Project Manager.
- Shares responsibility for project tech hour budget as defined by the Project Manager.
- Responsible for customer training agendas and deployment.
- Involved in project close-out activities and project turnover to service.
- Confirms and audits all BAS technician commissioning activities and documentation for the project.
- Assumes responsibility for project tech hour budget as defined by the Project Manager.
- Provide feedback and assist in the evaluation of BAS 1, 2, 3 technicians.
- Identifies and takes ownership of project / product technical challenges and works with vendors and internal resources to resolve.
- Assists with sales estimations and project extra costing exercises.
- Available for emergency technical support to technician within team and across operation and service.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Valid Driver’s license and the ability to be insured by Ainsworth.
- Pass security screening as required by Ainsworth’s clients
- Fluent in English – both written and oral. The ability to read and understand construction plans and specs and product documentation.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, including Visio.
- Technically competent in the Schneider Electric BAS product line
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: Toronto
Travel Requirements: yes within GTA
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON