Ainley Group is currently seeking Civil Engineer/Technologist to join our Barrie & Ottawa Offices.
As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to plan and design all aspects of
Municipal Infrastructure projects in a dynamic design team setting. The specifics of the position
are as follows:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare planning reports, preliminary and detailed designs and oversee the construction
administration associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of divided highways, arterial roads,
collector roads, local roads, and bike trails.
- Prepare Contract Specifications, Tender Documents, and Applications for Approvals;
- Review and issue finalized Shop Drawings;
- Coordinate and mentor junior staff working within the department;
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-consultants, Contractors and construction supervision staff;
- Assist with the preparation of Proposals for future projects.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licensed in Ontario or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET)
with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a Design Office in Ontario.
- Strong computer software skills including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Word, Excel & MS Project;
- Experience in planning, preliminary design, detailed design, and construction administration
associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of Municipal Infrastructure;
- Skilled in cost estimating and specification writing;
- Have a track record of gaining approval of infrastructure designs from authorities and
- Independent, Organized and Motivated Team player with excellent oral and written
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.