Technology shouldn't get in your way. In fact, we think it should be so easy to use, you barely know it's there. That's why, since 2013, we've been providing businesses with simple solutions to complex problems. Aimsio is a fast-growing software company located in Calgary and Vancouver. Whether a business is looking to simply digitize field paperwork or requires an all-in-one platform to run their field operations, we can help.
Are you intrigued yet? Here are a few more reasons to make Aimsio your daytime home:
The role: are you up for the challenge? :
- Work with the brightest, most innovative people you've ever met. Plus, we're pretty funny. And there are snacks in the kitchen, too.
- Play a role in building a technology company that can't stop and won't stop growing. We're Rick-Rolling over here and we're never gonna give you up.
- Solve complex problems. Develop initiatives and solutions that drive your career and boost the company's growth.
- Have fun! Not only are we smart, we're also an absolute hoot. Xbox tournaments, poker nights, foosball games, team events, even a hammock in case you find yourself a lil' sleepy. Seriously, everybody's working for the weekDAY over here. (That's another '80s music joke. Maybe we should just stop.)
Our Stack: what's under our hood:
- Design, develop, and document applications for the Java platform.
- Collaborate with other team members to define, design, plan, and ship new features.
- Fix bugs and improve applications performance.
- Learn and use the technologies chosen by the team for developing the products.
- Test the software to assure quality and usability by coding unit tests and integration tests and performing manual system tests.
- Participate in the client support developer rotation and DevOps.
Java, VAADIN, GWT, REST, MVC, Hibernate/JPA, Jenkins, AWS, HTML, JSON, CSS, SQL, jQuery, IntelliJ
Qualifications: do you have what it takes?:
Compensation: get rewarded:
- Mastery of Java with experience developing server-side applications
- 3+ years of software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects.
- Proven record of success with web application development is a plus
- Proficiency in MySQL and database design
- Solid understanding of software development practices and design patterns
- Strong time management and organizational skill to drive projects to completion is a must
- Ability to read current code and quickly understand, analyze, and debug source is a must.
- Passionate about user interface design and user experience
- Experience of RESTful APIs and Web services is a plus
You will receive a competitive base salary and our full health and wellness benefits plan. Our employee benefits include full health and dental; a wellness account; paid sick, vacation, and flex; and RRSP matching.
To apply, please send in your resume, a cover letter, and any social media links you are willing to share that will help us learn about you, your past accomplishments, and your enthusiasm for life! Aimsio has offices in both Calgary, AB and Vancouver, BC. We will consider applicants willing to work out of either of our offices.
Give us a creep. We're on Instagram (aimsio_inc), Facebook (@aimsio) and Twitter (@aimsioinc).