Position: Senior Director, US Marketing
Reports to: Vice President, US Marketing, Market Access & Commercial Operations
Location: Brisbane, California
The Senior Director of US Marketing will be responsible for building the US brand strategy in collaboration the other US Commercial pillars, Market Access and Commercial Operations, as well as Global Marketing. In addition, this role will be accountable for ensuring flawless execution of the US brand strategy and the resulting tactics. S/he will have direct reports responsible for tactical execution of key customer objectives across all stakeholders, some of which include, HCPs, Nurses, Practice Managers and Patients. In this highly visible position, this person will work cross functionally with the global commercial and medical organizations to prepare for and execute the anticipated US launch of AR101, Aimmune’s first asset for the treatment of peanut allergy. This role will report to the Vice President of US Marketing, Market Access & Commercial Operations.
The Senior Director of US Marketing must forge close working relationships and collaborate effectively with joint ownership and shared recognition for results within and outside of the commercial organization, including medical affairs, clinical, regulatory and manufacturing. Additionally, s/he will present strategies and advocate for resources in executive forums internally, as needed.
- Ensure strategic and tactical alignment and integration of all US marketing activities into the broader AR101 commercialization efforts in the U.S.
- Utilize multiple sources of information (market research, advisory boards, stakeholder interactions) to uncover insights relevant to the development of strategy and tactical plans
- Lead the development and evolution of all US commercial strategic imperatives, key customer segments, key Customer objectives and resulting tactics
- Identify and prioritize all US marketing tactics, including, but not limited to customer engagement and education, conference presence and materials development for all field teams
- Achieve expense targets for areas of responsibility; lead expense budget tracking and contribute to budget planning
- Develop and deliver presentations to a range of internal and external audiences including senior leadership
- Ensure marketing materials and all messaging follows through medical, regulatory and legal requirements
- Effectively manages multiple agency partners to produce deliverables within timelines and budget
- Experience managing multiple direct reports and providing leadership, coaching and development
Preferred Experience, Special Skills, Knowledge:
- BA/BS required; MBA/MS strongly preferred
- 15+ years of pharmaceutical commercial experience is required, at least 8 years in a marketing leadership role
- Blend of both biotech and large pharma experience with expertise related to the planning and implementation of launch initiatives for new products
- Experience supporting and managing key strategic and tactical executions for US marketing efforts
- Pharmaceutical field management experience is strongly preferred
- You must thrive in a mission critical and highly visible role within a dynamic environment is critical
- Must work effectively and comfortably with ambiguity and incomplete information
- Outstanding communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Excellent leadership and management skills, must have demonstrated experience in leading US Marketing
- Must have built and lead high performing marketing professionals
- Ability to influence and lead across functions; operate in a matrix environment
- Experience in allergy or immunology markets a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and their impact on development of marketing strategy and materials
About Aimmune Therapeutics, Inc.
Aimmune Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded to address the unmet medical need in food allergy, which currently has no approved treatments. Our mission is to improve the lives of people with food allergies, based on our proprietary desensitization treatments in development. Aimmune’s lead investigational drug, AR101 for peanut allergy, met all primary and secondary endpoints in the Phase 3 clinical trial. Subsequently a BLA was filed with the FDA in 2018 and accepted in March 2019. A MAA will be filed in Europe in 2019. An IND for egg allergy was filed with the FDA in 2018 and accepted in Jan 2019, phase 2 clinical trials will initiate in 2019. Headquartered in Brisbane, California – the heart of San Francisco’s biotechnology hub – Aimmune has additional offices in London and in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Aimmune is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.