Position: Director, Consumer Marketing
Reports to: Senior Director, Consumer Marketing
Location: Brisbane, CA
The Director of Consumer Marketing will be responsible for building and executing the marketing strategy across the full consumer awareness and treatment journey. In this role he/she will work cross functionally to understand the mindset of parents and patients and develop materials and programming that will create awareness for AR101, as well as support them through the various phases of treatment. This person will work closely with the rest of the marketing team and other departments to ensure a coordinated approach to innovative, progressive and strategic marketing campaigns. This role will report to the Senior Director, Consumer Marketing.
The Director of Consumer Marketing must forge close working relationships and collaborate effectively with joint ownership and shared recognition for results with sales, marketing, business insights, market access and medical affairs and communications. Additionally, he/she will be expected to present results and advocate for resources and strategies in executive forums internally when called upon to do so.
- Leads the development of innovative solutions for building education and awareness, as well as improving the parent/caregiver and patient experience with Aimmune AR101
- Assist in developing integrated communication plans to reach AR101 potential consumers along their various touch-points, with an emphasis on digital and social media channels
- Manage production and execution of custom programs and platforms to engage with consumers
- Ensure strategic and tactical alignment and integration of activities into the broader AR101 commercialization efforts in the U.S.
- Serve as a team lead for all commercial projects focusing on AR101 consumers. Ensure integration into overall AR101 commercial strategic and tactical plans, and consistently communicate and advocate for the importance and value of consumer in marketing plans.
- Utilize multiple sources of information (market research, advisory boards, stakeholder interactions) to understand the food allergy market, identify gaps and provide education solutions to develop strategies and tactical plans
- Stay current on evolving media trends, technology platforms and opportunities that exist in the Health and Pharma space to strengthen the patient experience. Look for test and learn opportunities that make sense for the Aimmune brand.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the US strategic plan, brand strategy, positioning and campaign
- Lead the development of non-promotional and promotional materials
- Achieve expense targets for areas of responsibility; lead expense budget tracking and contribute to budget planning
- Develop and deliver presentations to a range of internal and external audiences including senior leadership
- Gains approval for marketing materials through internal review process and ensures marketing activities follow regulatory and legal requirements
- Effectively manages multiple agency partners to produce deliverables within timelines and allocated budget
- Experience managing direct reports and providing leadership when establishing focus, work plans, coaching and development
- BA/BS required, MBA/MS preferred
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical (or broader healthcare) commercial experience (with at least 5 years in marketing roles)
- Mix of small biotech and large pharma company experience with expertise related to the planning and implementation of launch initiatives for new products
- Experience in supporting and managing key strategic and tactical executions for US marketing efforts
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills. Experience with a combination of media channels; knowledge of digital, social media, CRM and evolving marketing technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly visible and dynamic environment is critical; able to work effectively with ambiguity and incomplete information
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to influence and lead across functions; operate in a matrix environment
- Experience in allergy or immunology markets a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical legal and regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing strategy and materials
About Aimmune Therapeutics, Inc.
Aimmune Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded to address the unmet medical need in food allergy, which currently has no approved treatments. Our mission is to improve the lives of people with food allergies, based on our proprietary desensitization treatments in development. Aimmune’s lead investigational drug, AR101 for peanut allergy, met all primary and secondary endpoints in the Phase 3 clinical trial. Subsequently a BLA was filed with the FDA in 2018. A MAA will be filed in Europe in 2019. An IND for egg allergy was filed with the FDA in 2018, phase 2 clinical trials will initiate in 2019. Headquartered in Brisbane, California – the heart of San Francisco’s biotechnology hub – Aimmune has additional offices in London and in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Aimmune is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.