As part of our growth, we are looking for a Graphic Designer. Reporting to the Digital Marketing and Communications Director, you will participate in the creation, implementation and development of various projects related to the company’s needs.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Meet with internal team to determine the scope of a project (packaging, product images, brochures, web images, document building, infographics, videos, etc.)
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message according to project scope
- Develop product illustrations, logos, and documents according to project scope
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Present the design to internal team and incorporate changes recommended by the team into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them and prepare finished copy and art according to publication/printing method
Required skills and qualifications
- Possess expert understanding of multimedia design and experience building files for both print and digital
- Demonstrate hands-on skills in the latest Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, and with tight deadlines
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Works well with a team but autonomy is important
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a similar position
- Post-secondary education
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CS products, Microsoft Office Suite (not core to day-to-day responsibilities but necessary)
- Editing, photography, and print-production skills helpful
AimLite creates a stimulating work environment where people have the opportunity to develop their talent and reinvent themselves. We, at AimLite, make every effort to promote a well-adjusted personal and professional life. Our organizational culture is also founded on values of inclusion and diversity, both of which constitute a competitive edge. Moreover, we are proud of our company’s involvement in the community and the ongoing initiatives that it supports.
AimLite is committed to an equal opportunity program. Applications from target groups (women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities) are encouraged. Persons with disabilities are invited to indicate their specific needs in order to plan the assistance and accommodation measures for the selection process.
In this document, use of the masculine is generic for the sole purpose of readability.
We wish to thank all those who have submitted an application. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.