Aimia is building a team focused on new digital product creation. The intent is for a stand-alone, cross-disciplinary group (Start Up) to own a broad product innovation mandate, which includes:
- Identifying potential market areas for new products
- Conceptualizing product/market fit
- Experience-led differentiation
- Competitive positioning
- Marketing opportunity sizing
- Path to win
- Building a business case to support funding exploration
- Conducting design prototyping to better understand potential areas for product/market fit based on user-centered findings
- Developing product MVPs; rapidly iterating based on results
- Scaling product successes through multiple phases of growth
- Integrating products into Aimia’s overall portfolio of experiences serving 5+ million customers
We are very early in the process and are looking for key hires with a “founder’s mentality” who would be intrigued by a powerful proposition.
As the Product Design Director , you’ll own the design practice and delivery across a portfolio of digital products in development. You’ll be responsible for overseeing multidisciplinary design teams to
create ideal experiences that address consumer needs across a range of contexts. You’ll also manage senior designers, collaborate with peer functional leadership, and work with overall team leadership to set the direction for both the product innovation organization and the portfolio of products. This is your opportunity to evolve integrated design as both a discipline and a practice while delivering new products to market.
What does it entail?
Specifically, the Product Design Director will focus on these critical areas:
- Drive design quality and practice
- Provide oversight and guidance across product teams, supporting designers across the sprint lifecycle; own craft and capability output
- Establish the collaboration model across design disciplines and with other roles product teams
- Determine best methods for a consistent and recurring governance process
- Collaborate with the Head of User Research to establish how research is maintained as a central design activity, driving a deeper and more targeted fidelity across the experience over time
- Work with product owners and overall team leadership to determine the right process for resourcing across pods and sprints
- Assess performance and provide career guidance and performance decisions for members of the design discipline.
What’s required to succeed?
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe, Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research
- Possess a “founder’s mentality,” taking an ownership mindset to every decision and action
- Be entrepreneurial and growth-minded at all times
- Mastery in two to three areas of expertise such as Service Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or Content Design
- Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create powerful, effective, and coherent products
- Highly proactive with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience; 4+ years leadership/management experience; demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design discipline; a master’s degree is preferred.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.