The Data Scientist is responsible for the analytical design and implementation of Data Science solutions to enable new product development and data asset creation. Working closely with product owners, designers and strategists, the Data Scientist is responsible for identifying and gathering business use cases that require Data Science development, for providing adequate Data Science solutions to enable those use cases, and for measuring the business value of the solutions delivered.
Ideally, the individual in this role is a technical expert with hands-on experience in machine learning, A/B testing and statistics, who enjoys working in cross-functional teams, and focusses on business impact.
If you feel you are a match, we have an exciting job for you!
What does it entail?
Specifically, the Data Scientist will focus on these critical areas:
- Design the analytical framework for A/B tests and required statistical analysis to enable new product development and/or enhancements of existing products
- Define appropriate methodological approaches for machine learning development
- Lead the development of machine learning models and advanced data analysis – either in a hands-on capacity or through other resources
- Design and lead the implementation of the Data Science measurement framework, to enable the quantification of the business value of Data Science
- Provide statistical and methodological guidance to colleagues
- Communicate and collaborate daily with a cross-functional team comprising of product designers, developers, strategists, data analysts and data engineers
- Create various visualizations to facilitate “Story-telling” using data
What’s required to succeed?
- Comfortable working in a start-up like setting where fast-fail is highly valued, level of uncertainty is high and requirements are not all defined in advance
- Expert knowledge and past experience of statistics and mathematics applied to business
- Ability to design statistical methodologies and analytical frameworks, independently
- Good communication with peers and end users, to understand and translate the business requirements into Data Science recommendations
- Strong coding and data visualization skills (e.g. SQL, Python, R, D3)
- Strong problem solving skills, proactive in looking for solutions and researching new techniques
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.