The Consultant, Data Analytics, Customer Loyalty & Marketing is a role that uses data analytics tied directly to business strategies. You will need to understand and perform analysis, but also identify the questions we should be asking of our data and their business impact. This role focuses on direct and loyalty marketing programs.
You will be an analytics consultant for data-led consumer marketing, responsible for measuring the results of campaigns; developing insights into program performance; advocating recommendations for future initiatives; and finding new and better ways to use data for our business. You will learn how to answer business questions with analytics; how to influence customers and clients through marketing and data; and how to apply analytics to real-world data and real-world problems.
This is a 12 months fixed-term role, with the possibility of permanent employment or an extension, at the end of the term.
If you feel you are a match, we have an exciting job for you!
What does it entail?
Specifically, the Consultant, Data Analytics, Customer Loyalty & Marketing will focus on these critical areas:
- Recognize opportunities for analysis and propose solutions to client requests.
- Assess underlying business needs, scope deliverables, write briefings, execute and present results.
- Communicate actionable insights and recommendations directly relevant to our clients’ business objectives.
- Ensure best practices in learning from marketing campaigns and customer management are applied in campaign design and execution, towards the development of an effective marketing calendar and program plan.
- Support the development of new analytic processes to better address customer needs. This may include developing or improving BI deliverables, predictive/statistical models, and other approaches.
What’s required to succeed?
- Experience extracting and manipulating data from relational databases/warehouses, through direct coding in SQL and SAS. Using and/or developing business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) an asset. R or Python experience an asset.
- Experience in consumer marketing analysis, including design and assessment of marketing campaigns performance by cell/factor;
- Experience in direct consumer marketing / CRM strategy, planning, and analysis a significant asset
- Ability to analyze business problems and suggest approaches as appropriate; strong oral and written skills to communicate complex data in a simple way; attention to detail; high aptitude for problem solving and a natural interest in understanding and explaining consumer behavior.
- University degree in an appropriate quantitative field such as business, economics, statistics, mathematics, BI or computer science.
- 1-3 years of analytical and data mining experience, or equivalent education, or internship experience
- Experience with CRM, Loyalty, or database marketing considered an asset
- Experience in consulting, strategy and/or with a large consumer facing organization considered an asset
- Experience with financial modelling considered an asset
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.