Our client, an Oil and Gas Operator, is currently seeking a Materials Handling Designer to work in Calgary on an In-Pit Extraction Project. This is an initial three-month contract position with significant potential to develop into a longer term position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with mechanical engineering to developing conceptual sketches of BMH (bulk material handling) equipment, e.g. hoppers, chutes, feeders, conveyors, crushers, sizers
- Detailing certain aspects of these sketches to allow assessments by the engineers
- Layout BMH equipment under special consideration of the material properties and related chute works
- Layout of equipment under special consideration of mining operations and relocate ability requirements
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of mining equipment, its functionality and operation
- 10-15 years experience in the layout and design of mineral process plants and bulk material handling projects in the mining industry.
- Microstation, PDS, AutoCAD, Inventor
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Design: 10 years (Preferred)