AIM Environmental Group is an expert in the process design and operations of organics processing and material recovery facilities. AIM is a best practices and single resource organization, partnering with world-class leaders across Provincial, Canadian and International markets to provide solutions for today's environmental challenges and evolving landscape. AIM works to develop plans tailored to fit individual client needs and waste stream profiles and then provides the proper team and technology to exceed all business, operational and community objectives. Our team of professionals are leaders in our field providing subject matter expertise to accurately design a waste management facility while taking into consideration all facility start-up, processing, on-going operations, maintenance and rehabilitation (OMR) and stakeholder engagement objectives.
City of Calgary Composting Facility
The City of Calgary Composting Facility is a new $143 Million-dollar facility that opened its operations on July 18th, 2017. It is located adjacent to the Shepard Waste Management Facility, south of 114th Avenue and 68 Street S.E. Key characteristics of the facility include:
- Four facility complexes including - main administrative and education offices; centralize receiving and processing facility; curing building for final stage processing; and a storage building. Collectively, the facility is 521,000 square feet.
- The facility will process up to 145,500 metric tons of residential food and yard waste and dewatered Biosolids from The City's wastewater treatment process every year.
- Assists Operations and Maintenance Team members with a variety of tasks and activities throughout all facilities and surroundings grounds.
- Performs traffic management and bay door operations to ensure Collections Trucks can enter, perform tasks and exit the Facilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assists team members with daily inspections of receiving feedstock and separation of non-compostable products and materials.
- Performs daily inspections and minor maintenance of mobile rolling stock and stationary equipment to ensure compliance, safety and optimum performance.
- Participates in various labour activities and handy work including but not limited to cleaning, materials management and facilities maintenance and improvements based on defined expectations and deliverables.
- Collaborates with team members to assign daily tasks, prioritize activities and deliver outstanding performance and quality.
- Completes all documents and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lives the safety-first mandate with unquestionable ethics and discipline to health & safety best practices.
- Wants to learn with a keen philosophy to be a mentor and protege and grow in mechanical, electrical, operational and health & safety aptitude.
- Immediately and accurately communicates all opportunities for improvement without fear while delivering a sense of growth and an environment of learning and knowledge transfer.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hat, respirator etc.) as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Knowledge & familiarity with manufacturing and production environment preferred.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude including a knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, and maintenance.
- Think, Live and Deliver Safety First behaviors and core fundamentals.
- High degree of focus and attention to detail delivering quality and getting the job done right the first time.
- Open to change with the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast pace environment.
- Exhibits strong time management & organizational skills.
- Believes in and demonstrates unquestionable ethics, respect and team behaviors.
- Availability to work overtime and flexible shifts when required.
Job Type: Full-time
- general labor: 1 year (Preferred)