The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for embedded software Development for ECU software projects. This Engineer possesses excellent software skills, a strong sense of software development process, project leadership and character. This engineer has advanced functional knowledge of modern electronic control circuits and a thorough knowledge of multicore microcontrollers. This engineer possesses strong programming skills in the C language, Matlab Modeling, AUTOSAR architecture, Real Time Operating Systems, software design methodologies and good understanding of assembly languages.
- Develop software architecture for multicore microcontroller and SoC based electric motor control and battery management ECU products.
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements in accordance of a process
- Evaluate change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Open mind to adopt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements - Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Experience working in mechatronics; this includes a solid understanding of electrical and electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Master's Degree preferred
- Five or more years' work experience in Embedded or real-time software development
- C and assembly programming for 16/32 micro-controllers
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, ADC, etc.)
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.) - Embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
- Experience in Motor and Battery technologies.
- Experience in industry standards like UDS Diagnostics, ISO26262, AUTOSAR
- Familiarity with Autosar and Vector Tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdela, AB/EB...)
- Good oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year