The Event & Communications Assistant performs administrative and on-the-ground support for AIGA SF events and programming. The role requires flexible scheduling (2-5 evenings a month), the ability to work independently on projects and tasks, strong writing skills, attention to detail, demonstrated knowledge in social media, photography, and copywriting. Key responsibilities are to assist with content production for the AIGA SF & San Francisco Design Week (SFDW) blog and social media channels, bi-monthly newsletters and, event support. Some experience with events is preferred, but not required. Some additional admin tasks also include assisting with the design and production of marketing materials (graphic design), event ticketing, event set-up, data entry, some filing, and event logistics.
The Event & Communication Assistant will report to the Events Coordinator and work as part of a team to execute projects to further the mission of the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Must be able to work in a non-profit environment
- Event support for all AIGA SF events and programming throughout the year
- Content creation across all social media channels
- Responsible for publishing events and blog posts to the aigasf.org and sfdesignweek.org websites.
- Maintain a consistent blog editorial calendar for both AIGA SF & SFDW
- Help to develop a unique brand voice
- Occasional tasks such as running errands, placing orders with vendors, etc.
- Participate in setup and teardown of events.
- Keep an inventory of all event supplies before, during and after events.
- Experience with social media ad campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Active user of relevant social media
- Interest in current social media trends and new social media engagement opportunities
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- Excellent writing skills
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Managing an online calendar to assure that events are properly scheduled
- Assisting with event planning for multiple events throughout the year
- Perform check-in/registration for our events and be the point person for entering
- Greet our external customers/partner/execs with a warm and friendly smile and make them feel welcome and comfortable at all times.
- Perform related event support tasks to include but not limited to updating the registration list, printed agenda, name badges, and assisting with final agreements.
- Basic HTML and WordPress knowledge
- Experience or the ability to learn the Eventbrite platform
- Experience with email marketing and MailChimp
- Event management experience
- Graphic design
Please send an email with the subject line Event & Communications Assistant along with acover letter explaining why your skills will be an asset to the role, resume, and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,500.00 to $35,000.00 /year