OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
Life and Retirement is a unique franchise that brings together a broad portfolio of life insurance, retirement and institutional products offered through an extensive, multichannel distribution network. It holds long-standing, leading market positions in many of the markets it serves in the U.S. With its strong capital position, customer-focused service, breadth of product expertise and deep distribution relationships across multiple channels, Life and Retirement is well positioned to serve growing market needs.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
This position is responsible for project management associated with the implementation of the company’s product-related and strategic initiatives for the Individual Retirement Annuities product line. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the timely and cost-effective implementation of product, non-product, and agency related technology initiatives supported through the Product Management team. Using an established project management methodology, this individual will interface with internal and external partners associated with Product Management led initiatives. The person in this position is responsible for maintaining the highest level of project management knowledge, will regularly collaborate with project teams and must effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) in order to deliver successful projects.
The successful candidate will be focused, organized and have a demonstrated ability to manage projects and bring issues to a quick and appropriate resolution.
- nsure accurate, on time and cost-effective delivery of projects supporting product-related and strategic initiatives. This includes creation of project documentation (e.g. project requirements, critical path, project deliverables, communication plan, issues list, and contingency plans
- and feature specifications to ensure correct implementation of assigned projects
- Assemble/lead working groups comprised of participants from Product Management, Legal, Policy Form Filing, Operations, IT, Model Office/QA, BSST, Marketing, Accounting, and when applicable, third party administrators and distribution partner representatives
- Support the ongoing management of projects by maintaining up-to-date project-related documentation and materials
- Review and sign-off of project-related documents, which may include IT project requirements, marketing materials, prospectuses, owner acknowledgements, and other supporting documents
- Responsible for thoughtful preparation of meeting agendas, chairing of meetings, identification of follow-up items, contributing to timely and thorough documentation and distribution of post-meeting notes, as well as after meeting follow-up
- Oversees and performs research activities to support distribution of products
- Other tasks as necessary to ensure timely, accurate, and cost effective support and implementation of new initiatives or other projects supporting the sales and/or distribution of the company’s products
What we are looking for
- 2-7 years of project management, product development, distributor, and/or product manufacturer back/home office support in the financial services industry
- Understanding of and experience utilizing established project management methodologies
- BA/BS or related work equivalent experience in business administration, marketing, finance, or related field preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills; ability to input data into an Access database; MS Project skills preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills – ability to understand impacts of simple to complex concepts
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to visualize and/or contribute to the presentation of an idea or project (from concept and design to presentation)
- Impeccable organization and follow-up skills
- Annuity (variable, indexed, fixed) experience (preferably in a service, distributor/agency, sales, or marketing capacity) is preferred
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers within and across organizational lines
- Proven track record in completing assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to quickly adapt and adjust to change
- Results rather than task orientation
- Ability to quickly assess strengths/weaknesses and address potential issues
Benefits: 24 days of paid time off annually (PTO), holiday pay, automatic 3% 401K contribution. Additional 6% company 401K match program (100% vesting from day 1), medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more....
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.