UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American International Co Ltd.
American International Company Limited
Invites applications for the position of:
Assistant Vice President/Account Executive
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions.
We invite applications for the position of an Assistant Vice President/Account Executive to work in our Bermuda Captive Management Division, reporting to the Vice President – Bermuda Captive Management.
The appointed person will work as part of the AIG captive services team providing high quality service to a portfolio of clients; and will have direct ownership and oversight responsibility for the financial reporting, regulatory and compliance obligations of a number of insurance and reinsurance captive companies. The individual will work co-operatively with others to achieve common goals and objectives for the organization.
The individual should be experienced with the Bermuda captive and segregated account market – both from a commercial and regulatory perspective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain financial records and reporting deliverables while serving our clients in an efficient manner
- Ensure client and regulatory deadlines are met and that clients receive a high quality, pro-active service tailored to their needs
- Working together with client personnel and other AIG offices on matters relating to captive business operations and insurance programmes in a proactive, efficient and professional manner
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reconciliations and management accounts/reports
- Preparation/review of annual financial statements and annual statutory returns
- Ensure annual audits are carried out in a timely manner
- Liaise with auditors, actuaries, tax advisors, legal and company secretarial
- Liaise with company banks on the establishment of deposits and processing of payments
- Ensure highest standards of compliance and corporate governance are maintained
- Performance and documentation of internal financial and operational controls
- Any other assigned duties
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CA, CPA, ACMA or similar) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant post-qualifying experience and excellent accounting technical skills
- Proven track record and experience within the captive insurance/reinsurance sector a necessity and a minimum of 3 years experience in insurance/reinsurance management preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with senior management of multinational organizations
- Must be articulate and personable as there will be direct dealings with clients including attendance and presentations at meetings
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work with tight reporting deadlines and be responsive and flexible to client needs and changes in reporting requirements
- Proactive, highly motivated and able to demonstrate the ability to work productively and with personal initiative under minimum supervision
- Proficient in use of IT applications such as Excel, Word, Adobe-Pro and Outlook in a Windows 7 environment
- Strong working knowledge of Sun Systems is preferable
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which will reflect your technical expertise and experience.
American International Company Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.