- Independently provides professional and timely, tactical legal expertise and advice to operational and functional areas of the business.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates a wide range of general business and commercial agreements, both domestic and international.
- Responsible for employment law files and commercial litigation.
- Manages the engagement of external counsel for complex legal matters or problems requiring specialized expertise.
- Proactively provides updates on legal developments and legislative changes relevant to AGI’s operations.
- Develops and promotes positive and constructive relations throughout the organization.
- 5 or more years’ experience as a practicing lawyer and a member in good standing of the Law Society of a Canadian province or territory.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while producing high quality work, consistency and sound judgment
- Overall broad legal knowledge, with a focus on commercial litigation, commercial contracts, and employment law.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Proven ability to work autonomously usingeffective time management skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, professionalism, good judgement, a strong business acumen and integrity.
- Previous experience in manufacturing or agri-business sectors would be an asset.
AGI’s law department is a fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment that will allow the successful candidate to make a significant impact on our business. If you are excited by the opportunity to work on high quality files in all corners of the globe, we hope you will apply for this unique role.