Agfa HealthCare, a member of the Agfa-Gevaert Group, is a leading global provider of diagnostic imaging and healthcare IT solutions. The company has nearly a century of healthcare experience and has been a pioneer on the healthcare IT market since the early 1990's. Today, Agfa HealthCare designs, develops and delivers state-of-the-art systems for capturing, managing and processing diagnostic images and clinical/administrative information for hospitals and healthcare facilities, as well as contrast media solutions to enable effective medical imaging results. The company has sales offices and agents in over 100 markets worldwide.
The Verification and Validation Engineer will conduct verification and validation procedures of IT software products to ensure product effectiveness intended by the Product Management/R&D team.
- Implements the Verification and Validation Plan according to the overall V&V process
- Supports development of requirements and validates solutions containing products from different competence centres, including third party integrations by testing in a lab and production environment (first deployments)
- Supports translating of received market and segment requirements into technical requirements (platform and design), non-medical requirements (workflow) and medical requirements (image interpretation by a specific user group)
- Supports and designs validation methodologies (conceptual approach of required testing scope, infrastructure, environment)
- Validates complex system/product workflows within an enhanced range of products applying profound specific technical or practical knowledge/ experience for supporting test techniques or disciplines.
- Decision advice to release solutions based on the results of the testing and according to the quality and regulatory standards
- Analyses the outcome of testing, reports and discusses the technical issues with various R&D competence centres and provides proposals for solutions
- Creates solution and product practical use cases/ test suites
- Executes validation, based upon practical use cases / test suites, extended with exploratory testing
- Transfers knowledge to the following audiences: sales, marketing, services
- Supports and coaches the service organization in first deployments of new packages in the field
- Able to lead an interoperability testing effort to complete end to end testing of an AGFA solution
- Enables continuous improvement using formal internal process improvement processes
- Bachelor degree in IT or equivalent technical knowledge acquired by professional experience and specialized trainings (incl. certificates) in a specific field
- Strong technical IT background and 5 years of experience in software testing (preferably of complex information systems) or experience with medical imaging software
Specific skills :
- You understand the software testing process and requirements
- You have knowledge of PACS/RIS, medical imaging and workflows. Experience with medical imaging, in depth knowledge of how to install and configure AGFA products and how they interact together in a solution testing environment is considered as an asset
- You are an expert in operating systems at admin level (Linux, Windows)
- You have working knowledge of databases (Oracle) and data storage
- Knowledge of scripting and programming is considered as an asset
- You have an in depth knowledge and experience in computer hardware and connectivity issues (i.e. network-switches, NAS-SAN storage solutions)
- You are able to quickly assimilate and understand new products, new technologies and requirements
- You are assertive, communicative and well-organized
- Ability to self-manage your time and work in stressful situations at times, due to customer urgencies (i.e. patient care/hospitals)
- You understand the complexity of working in a medical environment and are willing to embrace the regulatory responsibilities this holds
- You are a team player – you are able to work together with other team members for accomplishing team-goals, you are supportive to other team members and you take into account other member’s feedback on your own work
- You feel confident in an agile working environment
- Excellent communication skills
We offer a rewarding career in a field that impacts lives, the opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of individuals, training and career development programs, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of this experience, we'll take you there!
Agfa Inc. is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA) and all of its standards in order to create a barrier-free Ontario. We will provide necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to all applicants. If you require accommodation, please reach out to Human Resources.
Learn more about Agfa HealthCare and follow us on Twitter.