About the team
The Retail Sales Department is responsible for servicing our clients by providing value add solutions and an exceptional client experience. The team values innovation, leadership and personal commitment. Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees' commitment and dedication, and our disciplined approach to investing.
The Team is comprised of Regional Vice-Presidents, (Wholesalers), Regional Sales Representatives (Inside Wholesalers), and Regional Sales Coordinators.
About the role
Our Retail Distribution Sales Team has an outstanding career opportunity for you as a Regional Sales Representative in our Toronto Office. Reporting to Director, Inside Sales you will build strong and lasting business relationships with our clients in the Downtown Toronto Territory by identifying, selling and cross-selling opportunities, and measuring client satisfaction.
You are a great team player, and an energetic, motivated and articulate sales professional. You are passionate about markets and excited to make an impact on AGF’s overall customer satisfaction. If this reflects you and your experience, join us and you will have the opportunity to build an exciting and evolving career.
- Collaborate with the Regional Vice President to increase sales and market share of AGF products, by conducting proactive sales calls with new and existing client
- Provide advice to clients about AGF Investments’ products and services
- Provide support to dealers and brokers on the market and fund performance, as well as portfolio profiles, value added programs, products and corporate updates
- Represent AGF at branch visits, client seminars, branch presentations, road shows, and conferences
- In collaboration with the District Vice President, develop specific account and business plans for each customer that outlines their critical success factors that ultimately results in additional sales and or a positive customer experience
- Monitor sales activity within the territory to identify trends and provide suggestions to clients in order to retain assets
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with AGF’s distribution network to drive revenue opportunity
- Maintain accurate records in our systems
- Act as a liaison between other AGF departments (e.g. investor services, sales and product management) to collaborate on specific sales opportunities, customer related projects or, as needed, to escalate critical client issues
Your skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years financial industry experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com a strong asset
- Strong computer and phone skills, including Microsoft Office (word, excel, power point)
- Developed presentation skills and telephone skills
- Thorough knowledge of the securities industry and particularly of the stock and bond markets and how they relate to mutual funds
- Ability create and maintain client relationships
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal, judgment & decision-making skills
- Self-motivated and ability to be a great team player
- Have a complete understanding of AGF products and knowledge of complementary products and services, and our distribution channel
Additional Strengths you may bring to the role :
- Successful completion of IFIC and CSC or equivalent
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
AGF is an equal opportunity employer. AGF welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process. It is the Company's policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. AGF does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable legislation.