Senior Software Engineer - Job description
The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for a demanding and rewarding variety of duties related to the development, enhancement and delivery of industry-leading web-based enterprise software systems. If you are the person destined for this position, you have a combination of deep experience with Java, experience with databases and data-driven application systems, a history of working successfully in small innovative software teams, and a flexible, upbeat approach to working with colleagues.
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment
- Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them
- Provide engineering support (when necessary) to our technical operations staff when they are building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers
- Participate with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and the services utilized to deploy/install/release those products
- Participate in interactions with customers as a technical expert for product subsystems
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
- Other duties from time to time as determined by management
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years' experience as a software engineer; demonstrated success developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and deployment tasks
- 7+ years' experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- 7+ year's experience building web-based software systems, utilizing N-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
- Experience with Agile software development is a plus
- Windows, Linux, and Unix admin-level expertise.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to prioritize, successfully manage multiple projects and strong time management is critical in our rapidly changing and growing environment.
- Excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about keeping up with industry trends, emerging software technologies and applications and applying them as necessary.
- Required: Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience
- Desired: Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Software Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: