Agency EA is a brand experience agency, specializing in user events, worldwide event programs, summits, conferences and B2B experiential campaigns. As experiential alchemists, we blend the tactical and magical to create exceptional experiences for some of the biggest brands in the world. Working collaboratively — cross team, cross discipline and even across continents — we form lasting and meaningful partnerships with our clients and with each other.
EA is looking for dreamers and doers who have the passion to champion big ideas and the talent to bring them to life. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, EA has been named a “Top Workplace for Women” by Crain’s Chicago Business and a “Best Place to Work” by Ad Age, Event Marketer and Crain’s Chicago Business. Come do your best and be your best in a casual yet vibrant workplace where we prioritize professional and personal growth, commit to causes we believe in, and ensure a diverse and inclusive EA community.
The Presentation Designer is in the creative services department. This person has the knowledge of the presentation concepts, practices, and procedures and extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, as well as ability to manage own time and deliverables by project.
- Utilize graphic design tools and software to develop and edit advanced-level PowerPoint or Keynote presentations leveraging Brand Guidelines and Brand templates.
- Translate complex material into simplified content via visual storytelling.
- Execute complex and ambiguous edits with minimal direction and respond to requests within short deadlines (from hours time to within a day).
- Design effective slides using a mix of text, graphics, photography and multimedia in support of communication objectives.
- Create original graphic, infographic, schematic, data visualization content.
- Organize, catalog and socialize presentation-related visual assets.
- Define best methods for access, distribution of presentations and monitoring their usage.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to produce presentation content and reusable design blocks that engage audiences and deliver the brand.
- Invest in fully understanding internal teams’ or clients’ content in order to recommend thoughtful and innovative visual approaches.
- Develop, implement, and document procedures.
- Contribute to and develop standards and procedures.
- Travel onsite, if necessary.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Fluent in both PC and Mac.
- Seasoned in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Seasoned in both design and animating slides
- Not all presentations will live static as digital sends/pitch decks, we predominantly create live-presentations for our many brand executives.
- Adaptable to various stage/screen configurations; not just the typical 16:9 wide screen format.
- Comfortable designing and formatting to additional software outside of PPT and Keynote (i.e. WatchOut, D3, and other timeline-based programs).
- Understands technical aspects of presentation development, including constructing templates, including use of multiple masters, color themes, animations, diagramming, and working with a wide variety of file formats, optimizing media and creating presentations for use across a broad range of delivery platforms (print, laptop, mobile).
- Strong portfolio showcasing high-end presentation design skills (i.e. animation, builds, dynamic charts and diagrams) and clean design aesthetic
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Ability to uphold brand and style guidelines.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews his/her work carefully.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.