Agency EA is a brand experience agency, specializing in user events, worldwide event programs, summits, conferences and B2B experiential campaigns. As experiential alchemists, we blend the tactical and magical to create exceptional experiences for some of the biggest brands in the world. Working collaboratively — cross team, cross discipline and even across continents — we form lasting and meaningful partnerships with our clients and with each other.
EA is looking for dreamers and doers who have the passion to champion big ideas and the talent to bring them to life. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, EA has been named a "Top Workplace for Women" by Crain's Chicago Business and a "Best Place to Work" by Ad Age, Event Marketer and Crain's Chicago Business. Come do your best and be your best in a casual yet vibrant workplace where we prioritize professional and personal growth, commit to causes we believe in, and ensure a diverse and inclusive EA community.
The Graphic Designer is a temporary position in the creative services department. Requires superior aesthetic and design experience. The designer must possess the ability to manage and design for a wide range of projects that include logo design, web design, packaging, presentations, event/tradeshow materials, environmental graphics and various print collateral pieces.
This individual should excel at analyzing a brand's design aesthetic and concept new graphic designs for that brand including logos, graphic treatments, type/font recommendations, and color palette. This position requires an unrelenting commitment to the importance of the creative product and its ability to contribute to the future success of agencyEA and our clients.
- Responsible for all graphic design from conception to completion as required for a multitude of project types as listed above
- Design work is overseen by Art Director and Senior Designers
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions and assist with the needs of other creative team members
- Consults with and presents to clients as needed – helping to map out campaign strategies and tactics, design ideas, and directions to meet client objectives.
- Provides project management (including budget recommendations), vendor management and supervises press checks when necessary.
- Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- Superior file management and organizational methodology, following department guidelines
- Reports to the Creative Director
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1-5 years of experience in graphic design related industry
- BA or equivalent required in design focused major (graphic, fine arts, advertising)
- High proficiency in:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign)
- Apple Keynote and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Familiarity with designing for the web and other digital mediums
- Ability to properly setup files for print based on vendor specifications/needs
- Self-motivation and time management skills required.
- Must be an effective project leader, a clear communicator and consensus builder, highly organized, very detail-oriented and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Highest level of professionalism and self-confidence
- Skilled at presenting ideas clearly and listening effectively
- Superior time management skills and ability to balance multiple project