Agency EA is a brand experience agency, specializing in user events, worldwide event programs, summits, conferences and B2B experiential campaigns. As experiential alchemists, we blend the tactical and magical to create exceptional experiences for some of the biggest brands in the world. Working collaboratively — cross team, cross discipline and even across continents — we form lasting and meaningful partnerships with our clients and with each other.
EA is looking for dreamers and doers who have the passion to champion big ideas and the talent to bring them to life. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, EA has been named a “Top Workplace for Women” by Crain’s Chicago Business and a “Best Place to Work” by Ad Age, Event Marketer and Crain’s Chicago Business. Come do your best and be your best in a casual yet vibrant workplace where we prioritize professional and personal growth, commit to causes we believe in, and ensure a diverse and inclusive EA community.
The Print Manager is a full-time position in the Creative Department. A successful candidate will have strong printing knowledge and experience with complex vendor relationship management. He/she works closely with the Client Services Department on timelines, budget allocations and client approvals for print needs, and closely with the Production Department for labor quoting and on-site inspections. He/she will serve the lead print line Producer for projects led.
- Partner with Graphic Designers to ensure integrity of client’s vision when it pertains to printed materials.
- Create print timelines and collaborate on overall print scope and specs.
- Create and manage print tracker
- Coordinate deadlines with printers to ensure client expectations are met both for the live project phase and the installation timelines.
- Develop signage and branding plan with lead Graphic Designer. Stay abreast of branding plan changes and proactively plan against changes as needed.
- Determine with Creative Services Manager and Graphic Design lead the need for production artists at specific timeline junctures.
- Attend site visits with Graphic Design lead when necessary to determine print needs.
- Work directly with print vendors to:
- Obtain competitive quotes.
- Manage and approve print production schedules, print specs and internal print budgets.
- Troubleshoot challenges and develop solutions as necessary to deliver print needs for projects.
- Request and review all print proofs.
- Review digital proofs according to specs and final creative files before sending to Client Services, Production and the end client for feedback/approvals.
- Review physical proofs with Graphic Design lead.
- Manage print production needs including labor quoting and on-site installation.
- Facilitate any print needs for RFP responses that require printed presentations.
- Work with the agency’s Marketing Communications department on any printed needs for agency collateral, marketing and sales materials.
- Works with Creative Resource Manager for production artist needs in print prepping when necessary.
- Will manage contract graphic production artists’ deadline deliverables when they are specifically booked for print production and file prep.
- Handle all internal plotting; make suggestions to Production & Client Services on when the plotter can be utilized to cut costs
- Stay current on industry standards, innovations and costs to ensure we are always getting competitive pricing with the best equipment possible.
- Actively support a positive, proactive, and results-oriented work environment that is demonstrative of the agency’s culture and core values.
- 3-5 years of design focused on graphic print needs; preferably in an agency environment.
- BA or equivalent required.
- Experience with print prep, print specs and print proofing.
- Self-motivation and time management skills required.
- Highest level of professionalism and self-confidence.
- Knowledgeable in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Attention to detail.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Ability to inspire team members and foster collaboration.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.