Agency EA is a brand experience agency, specializing in user events, worldwide event programs, summits, conferences and B2B experiential campaigns. As experiential alchemists, we blend the tactical and magical to create exceptional experiences for some of the biggest brands in the world. Working collaboratively — cross team, cross discipline and even across continents — we form lasting and meaningful partnerships with our clients and with each other.
EA is looking for dreamers and doers who have the passion to champion big ideas and the talent to bring them to life. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, EA has been named a “Top Workplace for Women” by Crain’s Chicago Business and a “Best Place to Work” by Ad Age, Event Marketer and Crain’s Chicago Business. Come do your best and be your best in a casual yet vibrant workplace where we prioritize professional and personal growth, commit to causes we believe in, and ensure a diverse and inclusive EA community.
This role leads digital marketing and communication strategies for our key clients heavily influenced by industry expertise, research, data-driven insights and audience analysis. The primary responsibility is developing and managing the marketing strategy and campaign for an annual fall event with the goal of increasing visibility, engagement and attendee growth. The role requires close collaboration with our client services, digital and graphic design teams, external partners as well as regular communication with our client contact. This position is a growing agency capability, so the ideal candidate would be part of developing this offering for future client work. The Digital Marketing Strategist reports to the Creative Department.
- Actively identifies and implements evolved digital marketing strategies to better connect with the client’s target audience, drive qualified leads and registrations for the event.
- Develops and manages strategic marketing campaigns across various channels, including but not limited to email communications, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc), paid media, sponsorships and more.
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate creative marketing and digital promotional programs, and lead short-term and long-term campaigns that meet performance goals.
- In collaboration with the in-house account team, manages the overall marketing campaign process, including approach, promotional timeline and tactics, audience segmentation and ongoing reporting and analysis.
- Works closely with EA’s digital and creative teams as well as external resources to optimize content, enhance organic visibility, support website updates and onboarding of new marketing tools or software.
- Partners with internal teams to ensure effective use of marketing tactics and recommend innovative solutions based on in-depth knowledge of tools and platforms.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with client leads to convey strategy and status.
- Manages third-party vendors and buying partners and consistently tracks and reports on performance metrics, recommending areas for improvement and leveraging key data and insight to drive growth.
- Manages in-house teams and vendor relationships to ensure any outsourced work is consistent, high quality, cost-effective and reflects branding specifications.
- Collaborates cross-departmentally to drive a data-driven approach from creative concepting to deployment by maintaining a deep understanding of the client’s target prospects, current clients, and industry, including uncovering new opportunities for growth and anticipating trends.
- Meets or exceeds ROI requirements through a test and learn methodology, leveraging data to test creative and messaging.
- Adopts a growth mindset, constantly exploring and researching new best practices and industry trends to identify opportunities for campaign growth on both new and existing channels.
- Identifies opportunities for applying new technologies, digital products and services to online campaigns as well as researching new platforms and channels for relevancy and trend identification.
- Builds macro and micro-segmentation strategies to deliver more targeted and relevant messaging to improve engagement and ultimately conversion of prospects.
- Presents audit and performance reports to clients and account managers.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in Account Management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; Marketing, Communications, Business or another related field a plus.
- Event and/or experiential marketing experience is a must.
- Agency experience is a must.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven track record in building and elevating client relationships.
- Outstanding organizational, leadership and project management skills.
- Able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Ability to inspire and lead teams as well as foster collaboration.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.