Agency EA is a brand experience agency, specializing in user events, worldwide event programs, summits, conferences and B2B experiential campaigns. As experiential alchemists, we blend the tactical and magical to create exceptional experiences for some of the biggest brands in the world. Working collaboratively — cross team, cross discipline and even across continents — we form lasting and meaningful partnerships with our clients and with each other.
EA is looking for dreamers and doers who have the passion to champion big ideas and the talent to bring them to life. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, EA has been named a "Top Workplace for Women" by Crain's Chicago Business and a "Best Place to Work" by Ad Age, Event Marketer and Crain's Chicago Business. Come do your best and be your best in a casual yet vibrant workplace where we prioritize professional and personal growth, commit to causes we believe in, and ensure a diverse and inclusive EA community.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) is responsible for the propelling agency initiatives and development of key prospects aligned with the agency growth mission. The BDE core functions drive to win new business. An outbound focused BDE's goal is to maintain a consistent prospecting strategy to broker leads, make agency introductions and secure opportunities to present agency capabilities.
- Proactively determine specific company targets across multiple industry verticals based on new business strategy and vision provided by department head
- Gain approval and buy-in on target list from Business Development Director and Managing Director
- Facilitate collaboration in the new business process with additional departments including creative and marketing
- Develop custom 6-12 month action plan for each target
- Include specific tactics to drive toward relationship and lead development
- Manage and customize agency capabilities presentations to specifically target prospective client needs
- Research and attend networking events and opportunities to increase agency traction and visibility in strategic industry groups
- Ideate and coordinate creation of unique, targeted and highly personalized client marketing pieces
- Execute against lead development plan, track progress and provide regular updates.
- Keep a close eye on updates and changes in the marketing space and track opportunistic prospects (News outlets, industry publications, The List, LinkedIn, Google Alerts, Crain's, etc.)
- Develop opportune outreach to act quickly upon timely opportunities
- Field timely outreach for leads provided through agency network
Proposal Process Support
- Work with BD lead to consult and provide client perspective on strategic response direction
- Facilitate client introduction to BD lead or field client communication as necessary
Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Past the agreement, stay involved with client accounts from a high-level to strengthen the agency-client relationship as well as ensure client goals, determined in the sales phase, are properly met
- Train and mentor BD talent and other agency personnel
- Lead by example and maintain a positive and productive atmosphere within the business development department
- Participate in the hiring of new team members as needed
- 5+ years of professional experience in sales
- Experience working within the marketing and/or advertising industry
- Experience structuring outbound sales strategy and developing best practices
- Experience managing a team
- Lead development experience