The Senior Accountant reports directly to the Controller. The Sr. Accountant may have duties that include responsibility for the company's financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special projects.
- Support the month-end close process by completing bank reconciliations, posting revenue and expenses, reconciling balance sheet accounts, posting accounts payable and accounts receivable and ensures accurate and timely reporting.
- Work in tandem with CFO, Controller, and staff to support MS Dynamics company-wide adoption
- Help prepare monthly reporting including income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows in addition to supplemental reporting on fixed assets, depreciation and amortization of prepaid expenses
- Maintain the chart of accounts to accommodate the business needs and providing insight into major expense categories
- Maintain general ledger system and the integration of other systems into the general ledger
- Oversee the production and distribution of accounts payable checks
- Support the annual audit and work with an outside CPA firm in preparation of annual tax returns
- Assist with the completion of reports for the Board of Directors
- Manage the year-end close process including the production and distribution of 1099s
- Complete special projects that may be assigned
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Direct oversight of the annual audit process: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ownership of month-end close in Private Equity owned firm: 3 years (Preferred)