We are currently looking for a full time Director of Care for our AgeCare Sunrise Gardens and Orchard Manor Communities in Brooks, Alberta. AgeCare Sunrise Gardens provides publically funded Supportive Living Level 4 care services, includes an Adult Day Support Program and employs 80+ Licensed Practical Nurses and Health Care Aides. AgeCare Orchard Manor is a well-established residence within Brooks that provides both retirement living suites and publically funded Supportive Living Level 3 care services. Reporting to the Vice President Care Services, the Director of Care is responsible for the leadership and management of Care Services operations in accordance with current applicable federal, provincial and regional legislation, standards and guidelines.
Within the scope of this position, the Director of Care plays a key leadership role to continually provide quality of
care and promotes a culture of resident safety, freedom of harm and injury and exemplary service.
As a Regulated Professional, the Director of Care is responsible and accountable to the public for their standard of practice under the regulation of the professional body.
In collaboration with the team, the Director of Care is
- Accountable for managing AgeCare's image, profile, and reputation in the community and with stakeholders
- Promotes an environment that demonstrates AgeCare's guiding principles of Trust, Respect, Quality and Teamwork
- Encourages person-centered service delivery and care practices to enable resident, family and staff rights, individuality and diversity
- Works in conjunction with the General Manager, as a dyad partner, in the development, prioritization and implementation of the Community's key performance indicators
- Responsible for efficient operations and ongoing performance management of the care team
- Monitors and analyzes department safety and implementation of injury prevention measures
- Performs all duties in a manner that demonstrates resident safety as the number one priority
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with active registration with CARNA; Masters Degree in Nursing preferred
- 10+ years' experience in a leadership role with demonstrated excellence in management, leadership, clinical judgement and interpersonal skills within the Alberta continuing care and seniors health sector preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate well with residents, their families, staff and partners
- Able to conceptualize, problem-solve, understand issues, set priorities, evaluate and negotiate
- Capable of working autonomously, independently, and interdependently
- Possess strong leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with, supervise and direct professional and non-professional staff in an interdisciplinary and culturally diverse environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team members to bring out their best
- Highly motivated, organized and creative in developing new and innovative approaches to continuing care
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Alberta nursing and medical practices and procedures
Send us your cover letter and resume and don't forget to tell us about yourself, and what your salary expectations are. We want to get to know you — what you're passionate about, who inspires you and why you'd be an awesome fit for AgeCare?
We want to hear from you if you are a talented and motivated individual and embrace our guiding principles of:
- Trust: We act with integrity and fairness
- Respect: We treat everyone with dignity and kindness
- Quality: We relentlessly pursue excellence in care and service
- Teamwork: We uplift each other with positive energy and support
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.
Job Type: Full-time
- leadership: 10 years (Preferred)