AGE-WELL National Innovation Hub: Digital health circle
Our mission: The Digital Health Circleis a platform that helps communities come together to tackle aging challenges. We support the creation of innovative new digital technologies that have real-life impact to our current and future aging generations. Our missionis to help British Columbia's older adults live well with independence, dignity and good health.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the digital health circle. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the CEO.
- Managing staff and conducting reviews
- Maintaining strong relationships with employees, the press, and clients
- Designing company philosophies that will motivate staff and help grow the business
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading digital health circle in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission as defined by the Board of Directors, including the CEO.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Overseeing the company budget, assets, and other financial resources.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the digital health circle, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Oversees the financial administrator and fiscal reporting to granting agencies
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with CEO and staff to support the board's development of a strategic plan that fulfills the mission.
- Responsible for implementation of programs that carry out the organization's mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the digital health circle's image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations.Oversees the development and implementation of the board approved operational plan.
- Responsible for developing an operational plan to fulfill the CEO and board's strategic plan to ensure that the digital health circle can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible effective administration of operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
5) Proven leadership.
- A high octane, high energy, self-starter.
- Great communicator, both one-on-one and in group settings.
- Consensus builder and a motivator
- A bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the digital health circle's strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as primary spokesperson to the organization's constituents, the media and the general public.
- Provide expert knowledge of federal funding systems (e.g. NCEs) and will assist in development of partnerships with NFPs and SMEs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the digital health circle's Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position.This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time