AGDATA LTD is currently seeking a Software QA Engineer I to support our Canadian Development team. This position will sit at our corporate location in Cambridge, Ontario.
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to start your professional software and technology career? At AGDATA you will be part of a jump start training program that will introduce you to Software Quality Engineering & Testing methodologies. You will get an opportunity to learn and work along with the best talent as you develop and sharpen your skills!
Upon completion of training, you will join an agile software engineering team and continue your lifelong journey of honing your skills and craft; where you will be responsible for functional testing including writing automated tests.
- Be passionate about Quality and Technology
- Participate and successfully complete a training program in Quality Engineering covering topics such as Agile Development Methodologies, C# programming, SQL, and Manual and Automated Testing
- Use critical thinking to solve problems
- Attention for detail and a knack at finding edge cases, bugs, flaws, gaps etc.
- Complete ownership of the quality of the assigned deliverable including hands-on test planning, test design, manual and automated testing
- Understand the data, not just the software
- Drive user story analysis, designing and developing comprehensive tests using proven test design techniques
- Contribute to improve the end user experience and usability of the software
- Demonstrate strong end user empathy
- Effectively communicate with your Agile team
- Create and maintain automated tests in a continuous integration environment
- Report defects and track defects to closure
- Create testing status reports and metrics
- Focus on continual learning and improvement
- BS in Computer Science, or other related program
- Academic knowledge of object-oriented programming languages and SQL (preferred)
Who we are:
AGDATA is the premier provider of data collection and management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for clients in the Crop and Animal Health industries. For more than 30 years, the talent at AGDATA has enhanced the technology and services that input manufacturers in the Agriculture world rely upon. Our clients trust us because of our data integrity, marketing program reliability, and our ability to optimize the analytics that inform their sales and marketing decisions. Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, AGDATA is pushing the boundaries of technology to enhance our relationship with the leaders in Crop and Animal Heath.
What we offer:
- Casual dress
- In-house training seminars and resources
- Continuing education opportunities
- Employee referral reward program
- Annual Company Picnics, Holiday Parties and other social events
- Company provided Coke products
- Paid volunteer leave opportunities
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible medical spending account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Employer-matches RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation and statutory and non-statutory holidays
- Employee assistance program