Do you want to work on products that really matter? Do you want to leverage your technical and people skills to make a real difference? Are you looking for an opportunity that has autonomy, allows you to further your masteries, and has a clearly defined purpose? If so, we’ve been waiting for you!
The reality is that as world’s population continues to grow, the agricultural industry needs to scale to meet these growing demands. At AGDATA, we’re focused on delivering a greater return for stakeholders throughout the agricultural supply chain. Our efforts are often the difference between financial losses and profitability for farmers, retailers, and distributors. In short, what we do matters!
AGDATA is a data and analytics company that leverages a cloud-based data platform, and products that consume that data, to deliver unique insights through business intelligence and analytics. We leverage the latest technology to solve complex problems for our customers.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead one of our scrum teams focused on our payment forecasting solution. If you’re looking for the next challenge in your career, we’re looking for you!
As a Software Development Manager, you will:
- Technical:Provide hands-on technical direction and guidance to your product engineering team
- Lead architectural discussions and create the technical direction for the product
- Play a hands-on role in determining the overall software design and roll out strategy
- Overall accountability for the implementation of a high-quality software product with a great user experience that performs and scales
- Emphasize code and unit test reviews
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers
- CI/CD advocate and practitioner.Lead the expansion of automated testing in the product
- Seek to leverage cloud services as the first priority
- Non-technical:Improve the efficiency of your product engineering team
- Agile/SCRUM champion.Work with the product owner to increase the team’s software engineering maturity
- Teacher.Work with the software engineering team to create a culture of continuous improvement
- Culture:Create a craftsmanship approach to building and maintaining software products
- Create a learning culture where the team is continuing to improve
- Create a high performing culture where the team are pushing themselves and coming up with new ideas to improve the customer experience
- We are seeking a software development manager with the following…
- At least 7 years leading a development team of at least 10
- At least 10 years using RDBMS Technologies, preferably SQL Server
- At least 5 years building solutions on the Microsoft stack
- At least 10 years building software solutions (although this should be a passion)
- At least 10 years working with object-oriented programming languages
- Prior experience building and leading SaaS-based solutions
- At least 3 years building microservices and an thorough understanding of microservice design patterns
- Familiarity with Apache technologies (Ex. Kafka, Impala, elasticsearch, Storm, Cassandra, Drill)
- Prior experience working with a data platform is a plus
- Prior experience as a software architect is a plus
- Prior experience with artificial intelligence and machine learning is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A detail oriented individual that is equally comfortable operating at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred.
Who we are:
AGDATA is the premier provider of data collection and management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for clients in the Crop and Animal Health industries. For more than 30 years, the talent at AGDATA has enhanced the technology and services that input manufacturers in the Agriculture world rely upon. Our clients trust us because of our data integrity, marketing program reliability, and our ability to optimize the analytics that inform their sales and marketing decisions. Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, AGDATA is pushing the boundaries of technology to enhance our relationship with the leaders in Crop and Animal Heath.
What we offer:
- Endless supply of healthy snacks and drinks
- Casual dress
- In-house training seminars and resources
- Employee referral reward program
- Annual Company Picnics, Holiday Parties and other social events
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Paid non-statutory holidays