2-4 years general accounting experience in Journal Entry, Balance Sheet and Bank Reconciliation. Analytical experience a must. Exposure to financial preparation.
The Accountant I position performs a variety of tasks for AGC America, Inc. (AGCA) and AGC Business Development Americas (ABDA). The purpose of the role is to ensure the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the general ledger and financial reporting for appointed AGC divisions. The position is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information and prepare accurate and timely financial schedules and reports for various internal and external customers. In addition, the position ensures the integrity and timeliness of accounting information and financial statements by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger, including sub ledger to ledger reconciliations and account reconciliations ensuring that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by management.
- Compiles and analyzes financial data to create and record month-end accruals and closing journal entries.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting.
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing assigned balance sheet reconciliations timely. Reports discrepancies to management and makes recommendations for resolving variances.
- Completes monthly bank reconciliations for multiple locations and accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements.
- Retrieves invoices, journal entries, and supporting documentation from scanning system (DataMagine).
- Assists with preparation of supporting documentation for audits and interacts with internal and external auditors as needed.
- Assists Accounting team with the completion of the annual tax packages.
- Participates in JSOX process level self-assessments for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintains General Ledger account and vendor maintenance in accounting system.
- Prepares schedules for management during the forecasting and budgeting process.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Works closely with and supports other members of accounting, management, and additional corporate departments.
- Supports ad-hoc reporting and special projects as directed by management.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Document procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Scanning and Indexing of journal entries.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
These physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, if requested.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- Employees in the position are required to be able to hear and have vision sufficient to utilize all office equipment, including but not limited to computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- Work is typically sedentary in nature, but some walking and standing may be required.
- Fast paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority change and short notice activity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or a Bachelor's degree in Business with emphasis in Accounting, is required
- 2-4 years general accounting experience, manufacturing accounting experience preferred.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Solid Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Word skills
- Strong skills with ERP systems or other financial reporting tools (AS400, JD Edwards, and COGNOS, preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be a strong contributor in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Confident team player with strong interpersonal skills who can work across multiple functions and cross-cultures to achieve goals.
- Fosters teamwork, leads change and demonstrates integrity.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented person with a drive to succeed and accomplish the mission.
- Proactive communicator in hearing the needs of internal & external customers and responsive in satisfying those needs with solutions.
- Possesses irrefutable business and personal ethics.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for results; goal and deadline oriented.
Job Type: Full-time
- SOX: 4 years (Preferred)
- Financial Prep: 4 years (Preferred)
- Accounting System: 4 years (Required)
- accounting: 4 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Alpharetta, GA (Preferred)