Information Technology Analyst
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the IT Business Analyst will serve as the liaison between the executive and IT departments of our company, leveraging the data the IT team extrapolates while also overseeing the selection and implementation of software programs and hardware resources. The IT Business Analyst will also be responsible for translating business needs to IT solutions, and vice versa, with current programs, projects and initiatives in mind.
- Provides developmental suggestions to the company and improving operational efficiency of the company by helping in the development process.
- Collects requirements for the project business, analyzes them and guides the developmental team in optimizing their work.
- Assists at various levels of project and helping in task analysis.
- Evaluates the data collected by project development team and preparing hardware and software requirement specifications understanding these details.
- Documents the projects by preparing functional specification documents and user interface guides for the reference of the end users.
- Designs and documents functional specification requirements such as GUI (Graphical User Interface) designs, and input and output device requirements.
- Acts as an interface between the clients, development team and the development support team.
- Executes test scenarios and test scripts and making necessary changes in the projects to meet client requirements.
- Gathers intelligence from corporate executives and middle managers about needs and future growth.
- Assumes responsibility for project tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Evaluates, tests and recommends new opportunities for enhancing company software, hardware and IT processes.
- Compiles and distributes reports on application development and deployment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line of work.
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology required.
- Experience with SharePoint, SQL, Nintex, or BPM tools.
- Experience in technology development and deployment.
- United States citizenship.
- 18 years of age at the time of application submission.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes meeting established quality standards.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Uses logic and reasoning to analyze, understand, and evaluate complex situations. Identifies the strengths and weaknesses of alternative approaches or solutions, to a situation. Exercises appropriate judgment in establishing priorities. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Communication - Excellent ability to communicate complex ideas and proposals effectively so others will understand to include preparation of reports, agendas, and policies. Excellent ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented verbally and in writing. Ability to handle a variety of human resources issues with tact and diplomacy and in a confidential manner.
- Coordination of Work - Ability to establish and implement effective administrative programs and procedures. Ability to plan and organize daily work routine and establish priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time-management methodology. Performs a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others.
- Computer Skills - Utilizes a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and related software with reasonable speed and accuracy. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Working knowledge of Internet research techniques. Solid understanding of marketing principles. Basic understanding of public relations tactics. Must possess excellent leadership skills.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with employees at all levels, representatives from various departments, and outside agencies. Effectively responds to and resolves complex inquiries and disputes.
- Ability to work cooperatively with administrative, supervisory, technical and professional personnel in the coordination or delivery of services as provided by the agency.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
[This job requires the ability to perform the essential functions contained in this description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements.]
- Ability to sit at a desk for a large portion of the day.
- Extensive reaching, bending, and moving of objects and materials up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to effectively operate and utilize a computer.
- Must be able to work longer hours based on departmental needs.
- Valid PERC card obtained within 90 days of date of hire.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to work standard hours with occasional weekends and/or evenings.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,500.00 to $47,500.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance