AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada; our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
Our continued growth has resulted in following positions:
Special Projects Technician
- Labeling, organizing, sub sampling of samples for testing and assist with planning and setup of new projects.
- Perform basic laboratory procedures such as separation of gas and liquid components, determination of molecular weight, determination of density, and characterization of hydrocarbon samples.
- Follow laboratory quality control procedures in accordance with documented operating procedures or recognized standard reference methods.
- Ensure data is accurate and complete prior to submitting final reports.
- Inform the Department Supervisor and/or Manager of any nonconforming event related to client samples, analytical testing or other laboratory operations.
- Perform calibrations and basic maintenance of instrumentation.
- Provide general lab support and other duties as assigned by Management.
This position includes:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- RSP Matching
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- Flex Days
- Post-secondary degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or an equivalent Technical Diploma is required
- Hands-on experience using instruments including Gas Chromatography, ICP-OES, Rotary Evaporators, and Titration Units is greatly preferred
- Good computer skills and familiarity with windows operating systems.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task. Must be able to interact well with lab staff
- Must have excellent time-management skills and be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds regularly
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- using instruments hands on: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)