AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada as well as internationally. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada and our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
The Business Development Representative position will promote AGAT Laboratories' entire portfolio of services. The BDR will be part of a Pacific regional sales team and will report directly to the Business Development Manager. In this role, you can take pride in supporting corporate social responsibility initiatives.
The BDR has autonomy in delivering sales services in an efficient and effective manner. This opportunity includes total customer service management of a defined territory in the Greater Vancouver Area. The primary accountable is to create and deliver on sales plans to meet and/or exceed fiscal budgets and growth targets. The BDR will generate sustained sales to existing customers and expand our customer base in target sectors.
Critical Success Factors:
- Maintain the current strong business relationships with our existing customers
- Solicit and identify new business opportunities, that are aligned to our strategic objectives and core values
- Close sales opportunities
- Implement account and/or category specific sales and marketing initiatives
- Understand the customer centric approach of AGAT Laboratories and promote its virtues to develop long lasting business relationships
- Develop and execute annual business and territory plans for assigned territories to achieve our annual budgeted sales objectives
- Prepare category and business reviews and leverage insights to identify sales opportunities and improve our category position
- Develop a "face to face" customer call cycle to ensure we provide relevant timely solutions and exceed customer expectations
- Professional association involvement including educational workshops and tradeshows
- Monitor competitive market activity, continually gather and communicate competitive information
- Prospect for new business and capitalize on opportunities available in existing locations
- Perform administrative duties where necessary.
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- Developed time management and prioritization skills
- 2 years' experience in the environmental or other technical sales services industry, with a mastery of sales skills, and a desire for continuous improvement
- Technician or Technologist degree in sciences, chemistry or geology, considered an asset
- Professional, positive and outgoing demeanor with excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to deliver clear and concise sales presentations
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills in English
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Unquestionable work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Your own vehicle and valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Willing to travel within the sales region
What AGAT Offers:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- RSP Matching
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants, however only candidates selected to interview will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
AGAT Laboratories is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted for a job opportunity or testing, please advise the hiring manager of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Type: Contract
- environmental or other technical sales services: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Greater Vancouver (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)