AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada as well as internationally. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada and our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
The selected candidate will be working from our Sudbury, Ontario offices.
The Analytical Business Development Representative is expected to promote AGAT Laboratories' entire portfolio of services. It is their responsibility to manage all aspects of the sales function in an efficient and effective manner. This opportunity includes total customer service management of a defined geographical sales territory, generating incremental sales to existing customers while increasing our overall customer count. The selected candidate will also be accountable for creating and executing business plans that meet and exceed budget expectations.
- Solicit new business opportunities for AGAT Laboratories and identify sales opportunities to improve AGAT Laboratories' position
- Maintain the current strong relationships we have with our current customer listing
- Implement account and/or category specific sales and marketing initiatives
- Manage business relationships with assigned accounts and generate new business in alignment with our objectives and values
- Understand the customer centric approach of AGAT Laboratories and promote its virtues to develop long lasting business relationships
- Develop and execute annual business and territory plans for assigned territories to achieve our annual budgeted sales objectives
- Prepare category and business reviews and leverage insights to identify sales opportunities and improve our category position
- Attend industry workshops; be involved with professional associations and attend trade shows
- Monitor competitive market activity, continually gather and communicate competitive information, prospect for new business and capitalize on opportunities available in existing locations
- Perform administrative duties where necessary.
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- Developed time management and prioritization skills
- Post-Secondary Education required
- Fluency in written and oral French considered an asset
- Minimum (2) two years of experience in sales,environmental education may be considered
- Professional, positive and outgoing demeanor with excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to deliver clear and concise sales presentations
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Unquestionable work ethic and ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Your own vehicle and valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Willing to travel within the sales region
What AGAT Offers:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- RSP Matching
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants, however only candidates selected to interview will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
AGAT Laboratories is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted for a job opportunity or testing, please advise the hiring manager of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Greater Sudbury, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Required)