AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada. Our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-foodand Life Sciencessectors.
The Safety Officer is responsible for ensuring AGAT complies with all relevant safety regulations and promotes a Safety Culture throughout the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and enforce the health and safety system
- Implement initiatives to decrease work place incidents and hazards
- Communicate corrective actions and prevention techniques throughout AGAT's Eastern operations
- Prepare for, conduct and coordinate COR audits as required
- Investigate incidents and provide feedback
- Manage documentation and records for incidents, investigations, and new initiatives
- Compile safety statistics and reports for clients and managers in a professional manner
- Organize and conduct the investigation into safety incidents, including harassment
- Participate in workers compensation claims to reduce the impact of claim costs
- Provide advice to the workforce regarding health and safety concerns
- Advocate for continuous improvement in health and safety
- Accountable for all environmental, security, and health and safety compliances
- Involvement in the JHSC in the local departments and from a corporate perspective
- Stays current with local, provincial , and federal legislation changes to ensure compliance in AGAT's Eastern operations
- Provides direction for development and revision of safety policies and procedures
- Functions as a liaison between AGAT and governing safety oversight bodies
- Travel to job sites to perform inspections, incident follow up, and ensure staff is performing tasks safely.
- Degree in a related field (e.g. Sciences/Engineering, Environmental, Occupational H&S), with additional training/education (certification) in Health & Safety and Industrial Hygiene.
- Minimum 5 years of experience successfully implementing and/or managing health and safety programs, preferably in a large industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Provincial and Federal safety regulations, WCB, WSIB, CNESST and Return to Work programs.
- Experience with the OH&S Act, the Ministry of Labour and the Ministry of the Environment in terms of legislative compliance and implementation.
- Experience delivering training to employees in a variety of formats.
- Experience in developing company staff and cooperatively implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Experienced in the use of computer applications (Microsoft office, spreadsheets, and databases) to analyze data for the purpose of improving performance or generating reports.
- Ability to prepare professional documents for a variety of audiences in a variety of common formats (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and others).
- Experience in effectively communicating with government representatives, employees, and senior management working toward optimal solutions.
- CRSP or NCSO Designation an asset.
- Industrial Hygiene Experience an asset.
What AGAT Offers:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- RSP Matching
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Type: Contract
- implementing and/or managing H&S programs: 5 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)