AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada; our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
This is a role in the IT division working within the software development team and reporting to the software development manager. Working closely with the development manager, business analyst, project team the principal role is in the development and maintenance of in house Laboratory analysis software.
The right candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate must exhibit a pro-active approach software design and development.
- Design and develop effective bespoke Web, desktop and console applications using Visual Studio C# and the .net framework
- Design and model relational database systems using enterprise Oracle DBMS systems
- Maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work to tight deadlines
- Coordinate with members of QA to develop and execute test plans
- Provide technical troubleshooting and debug support
- Responsible for many phases of the software development life cycle including technical research, requirements analysis, high level and technical design, implementation of enhancements to the product, testing, debugging, and maintenance
- Be a resource to other developers in application of recommended practices, team standards, and processes. Adhere to all team and department standards and practices and to provide input for improvements
- Post-secondary degree or technical diploma in computer science or related field (Industry experience will be considered as an alternative)
- Experience in C# and .NET Framework preferred
- Experience with ASP.NET, .NET, Entity Framework, Visual Studio and related technologies
- Experience with database design, SQL syntax, procedures, functions and views
- Demonstrable background in analysis, design, coding, prototyping, testing and delivery of bespoke software systems
- Experience in review, support, maintenance and refactoring of existing software systems
- Experience with MVC, Entity Framework and LINQ will be a strong asset
- Oracle PL/SQL knowledge will be an asset (willingness to transition from other enterprise DBMS such as SQL server is acceptable)
- Experience with Silverlight, RIA, WCF and XAML an asset
- Knowledge of VB6 is beneficial, but not essential
- Experience in enterprise environment
What AGAT Offers:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- RSP Matching
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Secondary School (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)