AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada. Our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
Chemist/Senior ICPMS/ICPOES Technician - Mining
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to run and review data of complex samples on ICP-OES and ICP-MS
- Monitoring of control charts for multiple elements
- Responsible for investigating non conformance
- Participating in client calls as required
- Responsible for reviewing data from multiple methods comparing overlapping elements
- Training and supporting team members as required
- Responsible for both operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Assist with the method development of any laboratory procedures deemed necessary for the expansion of the current scope of analysis capabilities
- Maintain quality standards of sample processing as per AGAT's training procedures
- Provides general lab support including washing of glassware and cleaning work stations
- Minimum 5 years hand-on experience with ICP-MS/ICPOES in a fast-paced commercial or government laboratory setting
- Familiarity with ICP-MS interference reduction technologies and Perkin Elmer software/instrumentation is a big plus
- BS/BA degree in chemistry, geochemistry, or a related field
- MS/MA in chemistry, geochemistry, or a related field is a plus
- Experience in mining and geochemistry a plus
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Excel and statistical analysis
- Ability to read and follow SOPs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high level of success
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Type: Contract
- ICP-MS/ICPOES: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)