AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada. Our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
Laboratory Supervisor - Specialty Analysis - Air & LC/MS/MS
Job Duties Summary: This is a senior position in the Specialty Analysis Laboratory. The Lab Supervisor is responsible for all staff and laboratory operations of the department. This position is given direction by the General Manager or designate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, coach and mentor lab staff on how to deliver the best customer experience.
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership and leadership.
- Continuously explore opportunities to add value to the service experience.
- Ensure that all quality/safety/environmental/corporate policies and procedures are being followed.
- Communicate general laboratory and client issues to the laboratory through meetings or formal communications.
- Demonstrate organizational leadership: delegate and empower subordinates appropriately; lead by example.
- Ensure that laboratory procedures are documented, properly taught to laboratory staff, being adhered to and enforced.
- Communicate and help resolve any issue or event that impacts laboratory operations or client relations.
- Raise non-conformance investigation requests to the Quality Assurance Officer
- Oversee and ensure that client calls/Client project managers requests are handled in a diligent manner.
- Complete follow-up communications on client calls and Client project managers requests
- Facilitates communication with other departments and management to resolve issues.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of analysis, productivity and profitability.
- Assist in preparation of technical data and present information as needed.
- Provide constructive performance feedback to both staff and management to elevate the client experience.
- Remain current on all aspects of the department and explore value add opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Diploma or Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related field.
- 5 + years' experience in analysis of air and/or HPLC.
- Thorough knowledge of EPA and Standard Methods Experience in method validation, creation and revision of laboratory SOPs.
- Experience in the use, calibration and troubleshooting of various instruments including GC/MS, GC/MS P&T, Agilent 6470 LC/MS/MS, Entech 3100 Canister Cleaning System, Entech 7016 Autosmapler and Entech 7200 Preconentrator, Agilent 7890 GC + Agilent 5975 or 5977 MSD, GC/TCD.
- Extensive knowledge of QA/QC procedures, ISO 17025 standards, CALA accreditation and proficiency testing required.
- Experience managing laboratory accreditation will be considered a strong asset.
- 2+ years in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Proficient computer skills (Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite).
- Communications proficiency both verbal and written.
- Leadership, Coaching, Mentoring.
- Foster teamwork. Ability to inspire and work within a group towards a common goal.
- Ability to think strategically and to lead by example.
- Results driven.
- Ability to delegate and follow up.
- Emphasizing excellence.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Managing and improving processes.
- Effective staff planning.
What AGAT Offers:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- RSP Matching
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- managerial or supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- analysis of air and/or HPLC: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)