AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada as well as internationally. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada and our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
Fire Assay Technician
- Work in a safe, efficient manner and follows all health and safety protocols.
- Sort and clean pots; Sort and dry cupels.
- Liaise with supervisor on work order priorities
- Set up fusion batches
- Perform Fire Assay Techniques, such as fluxing, fusing, deslagging and cupelling of samples according to written procedures
- Maintain Quality Control and production log, proper disposal of crucibles, cupels and fire assay lead waste residues
- Inspect samples, crucibles, buttons and beads to ensure that Fire Assaying was done correctly
- Follow all quality protocols and report discrepancies to the Supervisor
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Other tasks as assigned
- High School diploma
- Background in Chemistry/Science would be considered a strong asset
- Experience in Fire Assay a strong asset; all training will be provided
- Good hand eye coordination and able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure safely, with minimal supervision, while maintaining quality and able to meet deadlines
- Solid problem solving skills, good English communication skills, analytical mindset.
- Basic computers skills are required
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds on a consistent basis; wear respiratory PPE, and perform work in a hot environment.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary